Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

needing serving or ex military advice on a gpmg!!! please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needing serving or ex military advice on a gpmg!!! please help.

hi guys, i am looking for info from either current or ex serving people that have had extensive use of a gpmg.

what i am after is some one that can go into detail on what parts are painted etc.
    the reason for this is that i am now at the finishing stages of my gpmg project and currently have a ton of reference photos, but they all seem to be different.
    I know sometimes when a gpmg is painted its down to the armourer what he paints up, but there is still a generic look about it tho. so if you guys could say yay or nay and correct me on bits i would be greatful

so first off are the parts that seem to be left unpainted (left the dark grey colour)... (please tell me if there are any other bits that arent painted)
    * gas regulator
    * Top part of front sight
    * rear sight bar
    * cocking lever (only seems to be done on new hk models)

secondly..
    i have seen that the c2/iws mount is a kind of gloss black colour, is this so or is it satin black like the rest of the weapon?.

then there are all the small bits that seem to vary in all the pictures i have. so please say if they are or arent painted.
    * barrel release catch
    * rear sight distance adjuster (is it the whole thing or just the two push bars either side?)
    * top cover bolt
    * two piece grip pin
    * ejection port cover bar
    * bipod collar

also i have seen with the gas block that some are painted completely black and some where the bottom half where the gas reg goes still silver in colour, which is more common or correct?

please help guys as would like this looking as close as possible

many thank
    mike

Re: needing serving or ex military advice on a gpmg!!! please help.

You have it about right!

With the gas parts you can take it that they are unpainted as they constantly get cleaned with knives and scotchbrite! As a general rule If it moves its unpainted!
    sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

Re: needing serving or ex military advice on a gpmg!!! please help.

cheers fella, but whats the score with the small parts? are all the small parts in the list all painted black too?

Originally posted by Darkmikey22 View Post
      then there are all the small bits
      * barrel release catch
      * rear sight distance adjuster (is it the whole thing or just the two push bars either side?)
      * top cover bolt
      * two piece grip pin
      * ejection port cover bar
      * bipod collar

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Darkmikey22 Find out more about Darkmikey22
      Working...
      X