Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to strip paint?

Hi chaps

I have a full metal WE 1911 and i wand to remove the horrible greyish green paint on it to the bar metal, so i can have a two tone silver slide spray the lower grip and trigger part matt black. Whats the best way to do this?

Cheers

Joe
    I AM THE "DANCE COMMANDER!"

Re: Best way to strip paint?

If its metal a nice bit of cellulose thinners will trip everything off. i Assume its the top slide, so take everything off as cellulose will eat it. fill a tub then just whack the top-slide in. As for the trigger/ non-metal sand paper to key it up then use degreaser ( can be brought at car shops) clean it up mask it off and krylon!!! if you'r going to paint the slide will need to clean and degrease that too. i would proberly rought it up with some fine fine fine sand paper like 900/1000 grade just to make sure the paint sticks, and i would also use a primer as well ( thats just me)

on a Side not you do realise this is Illegal, UKARA or not. just thought i would mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
      on a Side not you do realise this is Illegal, UKARA or not. just thought i would mention it.
      Why?
      sigpic

Comment

sorry i don't know why i typed what did.. woo hoo go me

"on a Side not you do realise this is Illegal, you need a UKARA or defence just thought i would mention it."

go go brain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
          sorry i don't know why i typed what did.. woo hoo go me

"on a Side not you do realise this is Illegal, you need a UKARA or defence just thought i would mention it."

go go brain!!!
          Brain fart?
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks chap, yeah ive got my ukara lisence. Just wanted to spruce up my side arm a bit
            I AM THE "DANCE COMMANDER!"

Comment

get hold of something called gunwash NOTE : only use it on metal parts
              i made the mistake and put a grip in it made of GRP and it kinda just melted :P but it a great paint stripper/ degreaser does the job in a few mins
              is the parts are ally and you want to polish them give them a coat of clear paint asap after polishing as this will protect the ally from going dull quicker

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dance Commander Find out more about Dance Commander
              Working...
              X