working airsoft silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working airsoft silencer

Right guys ive been doing a bit of research on making a ASG mk23 silencer work but it could be used for pretty much any type of silencer and here's my little how to

List of required parts / tools

Fibre glass matting

suitable diameter pipe/barrel

0.40th plastic card

3mm drill bit

needle file

1. remove the end cap off the silencer and remove the internals
    2. using a suitable diameter pipe/barrel measure and cut to the length of silencer but ensure you can still fit it to the gun
    3. using the end cap off the silencer cut 1 circle out of 0.40th plastic card
    4. now drill the barrel along the length using the 3mm drill bit i normally drill 5 holes per chamber and clean the swarf out the barrel
    5. now thread the pipe into the silencer
    6. pack the first section with fibre glass matting
    7. now insert the 0.40th plastic dividers and continue as per no.6 till silencer is filled and refit the cap

note.
    this is a basic guide not all areas have been cover and all silencers are different
    sigpic

Re: working airsoft silencer

By "fibre glass matting", do you mean the loft insulation stuff, or the stuff used in GRP.

I'd have thought the loft insulation would shed the glass fibres in a dangerous way.
    If it's the GRP reinforcement, I'd have thought open-cell foam would work better.

Comment

This thread needs pics!
      Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

For mine I heavily swiss cheesed a bit of 10mm id plastic pipe and wrapped it in sound deadening material. Poked in in the silencer and popped the end back on. Makes a noticable difference
        G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
        -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
          By "fibre glass matting", do you mean the loft insulation stuff, or the stuff used in GRP.

I'd have thought the loft insulation would shed the glass fibres in a dangerous way.
          If it's the GRP reinforcement, I'd have thought open-cell foam would work better.
          hi yes it is the same stuff you get in you loft but due to there being a pipe the glass fibre cannot escape also if a minute bit did escape as long as it wasn't down some ones throat i think you would be fine but i found it absorbs more of the sound wave than foam does as the is more space for the wave to dissipate
          sigpic

Comment

If there's ANY way glass can get out of the matting, it will. That means ANY hole is too big.
            I'd rather not have my gun, or anyone else's for that matter, launching tiny shards of glass out the front.

Shredded kapok or cotton wool (even wire wool) might work in the same way, and be much safer.

Comment

I've used dashboard anti slip mat and that was far more effective than regular foam as it's a lot more open celled
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                If there's ANY way glass can get out of the matting, it will. That means ANY hole is too big.
                I'd rather not have my gun, or anyone else's for that matter, launching tiny shards of glass out the front.
                The average diameter of mmmf fibres is between 4-9um and they would be incabable of causing damage to anyone. Any fibres released would not have stable trajectories or travel much further than a few inches from the end of the barrel. I'd have much more concern over the 6mm piece of plastic weighing in at 0.2g with an energy level of approx 1joule hitting me. MMMF is perfectly fine as sound deadening and is highly effective as it is used in most motorcycle exhausts.
                There's no place like sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Comment

Ive filled a couple of mine with a 15mm copper tube drilled out with tiny holes all over it and filled the rest with the foam from an old memory foam matress. Its surprising how quiet it is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Yes, because tiny glass fibres suspended in air are going to be so pleasant when I inhale them or they land on my contacts...
                    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hair curlers and scotchbright! 3 chambers, 1st & 3rd are the same length, the 2nd is half of 1 & 3. Separated by washers turned down to the exact internal diameter of the silencer tube.
                      Done!
                      Now go 15+ Mtrs away and get shot, you won't hear it, maybe the rifles action.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Ghost Im the ghost Find out more about The Ghost
                      Working...
                      X