Converting mid caps to low caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting mid caps to low caps

I have magpul pts pmags (120rnd genuine type) im thinking of converting them to 30rnd is it possible? If so how can i go about it?

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: Converting mid caps to low caps

Silly answer here but could you not just put 30bbs in it rather than 120. Shore some one will be around to give you a better answer

Comment

Yes i could but i was asking if they could be made to be perminent 30rnd as speedloaders are very inconsistant sometimes 3 bbs go in sometimes 4 or 2 go in and i cant be arse to count every time i load up, i can see the buy some low caps comment coming i want to keep these mags due to the high quality finish and reliability, keeping reliability is a question im including in the post above, is it possible?
      Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

That was going to be my question too.

If you really want to, then I guess you need to block part of the feed tube and shorten the spring to match. It would probably be easier if you took the spring out and measured it compressed, then worked out the difference between 120 rounds stacked and 30 rounds [(120 x 6mm)/4] and used that as a guide for how much space there needs to be in the tube.
        sigpic

Comment

I know sorry didnt meen to come across as a smart arse just wondered if there was a reason behind wanting to convert them i would go for opening them up and blocking the feed tube fitting a spring from some cheep real caps or cut the springs that you have, you could even go as far a cutting the tube to fit a thin slither of plastic in so you could take it out again going back to mid caps
          Last edited by sean20012; 20 February, 2013, 22:17. Reason: stupid phone keypad

Comment

Hmmm knowing my luck it will be a disaster lol until i find a guide/someone thats done it ill leave it for now, maths scares me hahaha

Comment

It should be pretty simple.

120 BBs of 6mm take up a length in the feed tube of 720mm. So 30 will take up 180mm. So, as a first attempt, block 540mm of the tube with something that is both flexible and removable if you get it wrong. You can then adjust as required.
              sigpic

Comment

A pipe cleaner with masking tape to fit the hole to stop the spirng sliding back would work to get you the length. real blue peter moment.

Comment

Originally posted by sean20012 View Post
                  A pipe cleaner with masking tape to fit the hole to stop the spirng sliding back would work to get you the length. real blue peter moment.
                  Good thinking that man - give him a jaffa cake!
                  sigpic

Comment

Then as you said you can permantly fix the mag at that length and jobs a goodun. ex referee so like my jaffa cakes

Comment

Screw job maybe?
                      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Less pulls on the speed loader easy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Figure out where 30 bbs will end in the feed tube, drill a small hole through the feed tube and put a pin in. That way the bbs will only go as far as the spring is compressed up to the pin, and when you want your mids back nock out the pins and hey presto back to mids simples

Comment

Originally posted by NEWT View Post
                            Hmmm knowing my luck it will be a disaster lol until i find a guide/someone thats done it ill leave it for now, maths scares me hahaha
                            Oh some many responses I could give here, lol...U need a Manny m8

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                            Working...
                            X