Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solenoid Vlve recoil Kit

Just a quick question
    has anyone toyd with the idea of using a solenoid valve push type in an m4 stock tube to create a recoil. the + - will be conected to the trigger and
    solenoid valve hitting a weight in the tube

Re: solenoid Vlve recoil Kit

Seriouly 14 views and not one word

Comment

Perhaps those who viewd it aren't in a position to comment as they are not too sure what you are talking about!

It would have to be a pretty impressive solonoid to fit in the buffer tube AND have the beans to rock a weight back and forth. Where do you plan on finding such a solonoid?

Comment

Think it might drain the battery big time. although do-able in theory would probably be a pain in the arse to do. Wouldnt need to be a valve just the coil housing, a return spring and an appropriate rod.
        Space and battery consumption are the only issues I can see.

Go for it mate build a prototype. You never know might be a great idea.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Whambham View Post
          Seriouly 14 views and not one word
          seriously fella, 1/4 of this forum are kids, 1/2 need the help of others to choose their next gun/gear/bodily movement, 1/8 on here are "Walt" stitch counters, and the slack handful that do know what they are on about, have lives and jobs outside of this forum....

Back on topic, I doubt you'd get enough kick out of anything that you could cram in a stock tube without flattening your battery in minutes... Just buy a tm if you want a cack grouping on full auto, or a gbb

Comment

Gone for the subtle approach, eh?

Comment

i made a propotype tremmors recoil kit with a alu weight but had issues it may damage the psiton and the recoil was in the oposite direction.

as for the size of the solenoid you can get small tubular coils that fit perfectly in a stock tube voltage is the issue 12 volts produce 40N strengh at 1 amp the recoil depends on the air gap the coil has to travel shorter is better and efficiant. Im sure you can use a 9.8V and still have a decent Kick Battrey drain is not a major issue id say heat is as they tend to heat up on rapid fire

just needed to know if anyone tried it before so i could find out any pitfalls

Comment

Its an idea I have wondered about. But not with a solenoid, rather an electromagnet and a neodymium recoil weight.

Pros:
                - Separates out the blowback from the piston assembly, meaning no stress on the gearbox
                - Can be made completely modular and removable, as the only cycle detection is needed for integration on a gearbox. Not even that for semi only.
                - You can fire it in any direction you want, meaning you don't have to put up with the backwards recoil of the TM Sopmod.

Cons:
                - Eats batteries and requires huge voltages.
                - Reciprocating magnet may play havoc with the electrics.
                - Magnet of that size will wipe magnetic cards in a flash.
                - Requires a sensor, microprocessor and power fets to manage the switching.
                - needs ballancing and calibration to keep up with any sensible rof.

Its worth experimenting with, but completely has the potential to be a no-go.

Comment

Hi but whould the electromagnet and a neodymium recoil weight whould be a softer recoil as it whould be in a state on levetation whould it not.

voltage is the main Issue here but you could use a seprate lipo to power the thing i think using a micro controller like the TI or aduino will get messy you whould need to use relays and pinouts.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                    Gone for the subtle approach, eh?
                    my middle name!

Comment

The electro-magnet would push the neo weight away from it, then have it returned by a recoil spring (or just flip the field for return and latch it in place), not float it in some kind of force field.

I was going for that approach as I didn't think that solenoids had all that much punch at our voltages, with any real effect starting at >24v@1a, as they are designed for valve switching. What I am basically suggesting is make your own solenoid, but but replace the core with a huge hunk of neodymium.

Comment

Ive only used a few solenoids and they were pretty slow moving for what you intend. Are there any around that can operate at 20+cycles/s???
                        Coventry University Airsoft Society - "Rock Up Late, Fuck Shit Up, Go Home"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Whambham Find out more about Whambham
                        Working...
                        X