Removing Magpul MOE Stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Magpul MOE Stock

Whilst I love my new MOE stock it seems taking it off is more of a problem than it should be.

Currently I have to wedge a flat head screw driver between the lever mechanism and retention pin which allows me to slide the stock off properly.

Surely there must be an easier way? It wouldn't be so bad if my battery wasn't wired to the stock tube.
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Re: Removing Magpul MOE Stock

the stock actually comes with t shaped tool with a hook on the end so you can pull the pin out of the buffer tube
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Originally posted by AnkleSpankle View Post
      Whilst I love my new MOE stock it seems taking it off is more of a problem than it should be.

Currently I have to wedge a flat head screw driver between the lever mechanism and retention pin which allows me to slide the stock off properly.

Surely there must be an easier way? It wouldn't be so bad if my battery wasn't wired to the stock tube.

Thats the way I do it, easy once you get the hang of it. If your wires are long enough you could undo the two allen key screws on the back then push in the clips either side and remove the butt plate. If you do choose to do it that way id suggest cutting off the clips so you only have to undo the screws, it wont come out with them.
      For Sale
      Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Discoshrew View Post
        the stock actually comes with t shaped tool with a hook on the end so you can pull the pin out of the buffer tube
        Ah, I take it that only comes with it in the packaging? Mine came pre-installed on an AEG.

Comment

You could always modify your stock tube to be like this....

Alot easier, just got to be careful not to pull the stock all the way off if you adjust it during a game.
          sigpic

Comment

Either the flat blade screwdriver method, or the hook method. Chopping out the end of the track on the stock isn't really a smart thing to do, and you'll soon get annoyed at your stock coming off the end of the tube.

Comment

Why have I not thought of that before?! It's Dremel time when I get home
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AnkleSpankle Find out more about AnkleSpankle
              Working...
              X