Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Battery life of a 8.4V 1400mAh NiMH battery???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery life of a 8.4V 1400mAh NiMH battery???

Any clues to as the rough time of life of a fully charged: Mini 8.4V 1400 mAh NiMH battery?

Also, I only have a standard wall charger - Is it safe to use this unintelligent charger with such batts? Should my only concern be - try to discharge as much as poss and not to overcharge?

Re: Battery life of a 8.4V 1400mAh NiMH battery???

Half a day I'd say, unless your very trigger cautious!

Strongly recommend investing in a good charger. Will last forever, and will take good care of your batteries.

The ones that come with guns are cheap, and have no cut off when fully charged.

Comment

aye jag is pretty much on with the time it lasts, and it does really depent on how you shoot and what its powering but thats a good guesstimate.
      as for charge time, you could work it out, or if your aware of another airsoft site that contains the actor that played the terminators first name you can go there and download a little bit of software that you can use to lat you know when its time to pull it off the charger :P

or ever simpler, get/use a multimeter to see how much charge youve put into it and stop once you have what you want.
      Last edited by magic_golem; 13 March, 2009, 13:57. Reason: addin something
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Originally posted by magic_golem View Post
        or ever simpler, get/use a multimeter to see how much charge youve put into it and stop once you have what you want.
        How do you do that?

I've got one, but only use it for really basic circuit checking. What settings do you use and what reading should you be looking for?

Cheers
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, cool. Ive invested in 3 at a great price, so will also invest in a charger.

Thanks

Comment

get a propeak ..... about 30 quid, but worth every penny.....

plug the battery in, press a button and itll beep when its fully charged!

Comment

Just got 1 strangely enough. Ta

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                How do you do that?

I've got one, but only use it for really basic circuit checking. What settings do you use and what reading should you be looking for?

Cheers
                sory for the late reply,i have a standard one from screwfix its a digital jobby.

what your looking for is a setting to show you the DC voltage output then just hook it up to your battery,shouldnt matter if you put it on the wrong way round as it will just show a negative charge. the numbers you'd be looking for are in relation to what the ?Voltage your battery is meant to be at, when fully charged it will be a bit over this.
                for example my MP7 batteries are 7.2 volt (500Mah but that doesnt matter) batteries, i smart charge them using the 7 volt setting and once done thay read at 8.something volts, i did do a few tests to see how much drain the gearbox does on them and it wont cycle on anything less than 7.3 or 7.2.
                i just like using the meter also the get a good sense of how much power the gearbox is using for so i can plan how many batteris i should use and when its a good time to do a pre-emptive battery change before going back into the fray so im not running out of juice when its needed most (hehe all the time!)
                back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Nice one Golem.

I do though have an additional question:

How do I "train" my batteries after purchase? Some people say full discharge, full charge twice on receipt of a battery to "train" it to have max capacity. Is this an urban myth?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad_Intel Find out more about Bad_Intel
                  Working...
                  X