Filler for metal bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filler for metal bodies

I'm working on a project that's going to need me to take an angle grinder and a dremel to an m4 upper (and possibly lower) receiver.

Inevitably I'm going to end up making holes that I'll want to fill. I considered epoxy or car body filler, but I'd prefer something more permanent.

Would solder work, or is taking a blowtorch to a potmetal body a bad idea? Any ideas from bodgers out there?
    Buy my stuff!

Re: Filler for metal bodies

im using QUIKSTEEL putty on my gpmg project.
    i think its great since you can file it, drill it, tap it, sand blast etc and can be painted on with in the hour and goes as hard as steel literally.
    you can buy the same thing for aluminium too which maybe better for you.

Comment

I'm just a bit wary about epoxy dislodging itself with a bit of rough treatment. Hadn't considered putty though, has to be said, worth a try!
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

There are quite a few epoxy putty's on the market, as said strong as hell itself. Can be machined, drilled, sanded ect.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

been using it for ages. aslong as you rough the area slightly where you want to put it, it will stick like sh*t to a blanket

Comment

Sweet. Reckon it'll do the job for filling trades too, or do you reckon something runnier like a resin would be better for that?
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

yea it should be good for that as ive covered stampings and other things with it. what i did was i used bluetac as rough guide to how much i need to use, and to get it as thin as possible, so less to file down. so when you come to use the putty you will have an idea of how much to use and how thin to get it. as you only have 5-10mins to shape/mold it how you want it before it sets.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Phatvortex Find out more about Phatvortex
              Working...
              X