G36 Internal Tracer..... Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 Internal Tracer..... Ideas?

I want to build an internal tracer unit in my G36, Kinda like the Madbul hop unit allows you to do in m4s.

My idea is to drill two holes in either side of the loading tube on the magwell, and fitting two UV leds in there, but ive never used them before! What UV leds would you reccomend, and what would i need to wire them? i was thinking a small, low voltage lipo in the handguard (seperate to the gun battery) with an on off switch.... but i need some advice off someone that knows electronics.

Cheers, T :D
    sigpic

Re: G36 Internal Tracer..... Ideas?

Why not build them in your actually magazine, on the tube near the top (assuming you use low/mid) could be easier than drilling bits in the actual gun, you should also be able to power this from some watch batteries within the mag (iirc). There are a few guides floating about how to do this on m4 mags, wouldnt take too much to adapt this to the g36 mags, or even better if you use a mag converter.

Comment

to be honest, id rather it be internal in the gun..... That way, i can use any mag, and still get the effect. Plus i only have to convert one thing, not 8 midcaps . Itd be a smiliar process though.....

Cheers buddy. Any advice on leds ect would be nice
      sigpic

Comment

Drill three holes and use 3mm blue leds instead, they are cheaper and easily available. Get them from ********* ****. The blue led wave length is just right and gets tracer bbs really bright.
        The leds are 470 wave length and are 3500mcd, so really bright.

You need to sand down the tops of the leds flat so they are no thicker than the hop up or loader walls, make sure the finish is good on them too, give them a final rub down with high grit (2500-3000) wet and dry

heres my mp5, they run off a 9v battery, remember to order the right resistors too, there are calculators online to help you choose which ones you need.

shopping list:
        3mm blue less, id buy ten that way you have spares.
        Light duty stranded PVC cable (7x0.2mm) or 22awg silicon
        lipo 7.4, if it covers the voltage, series or parallel. I just use a 9v, lasts ages and only £1
        battery connectors.
        hot glue to hold the leds in place (or similar)
        heat shrink
        soldering tools

Cost less than a tenner if you already have the soldering stuff and can do 3 guns if you get the 10 leds.

Last edited by Crude Skinny B; 27 March, 2013, 23:22.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

you sir, are a legend..... Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

I'd go with 3mm UV leds, light the BBs much better and for much longer, have tested it.

After you've sanded the LEDs with the fine grit as above, give them a little lick of flame from a blowtorch or similar, gets that glass finish that transfers MILLIONZ of light to the BBs

Ebay is your friend for electronic component purchases.....
            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Ill try those 3mm uv leds next time, thanks for the tip on the leds too.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfAynRy5Sgk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TRH84 Find out more about TRH84
                Working...
                X