MAG midcap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAG midcap question

I have recently got some MAG midcaps from these forums. I already have 5 purchased from here a while back. Both sets are the plastic 100rnd type.

I have been told previously that with midaps you should stretch the spring and lube it before using. The first set bought were well used so I didn't do this. The 2nd set have only bee used once. So thought it best to do this.

Questions:-

1) New ones have a white plastic bit inside the mag when I open it. This is about 5cm long. I have checked in an old one and it doesn't have it. Should these be removed before use or is this just a new addition?

2) When opening one of the old mags to check for the white plastic the spring has come out quite a bit, is there a easy way to get these back in, as I am struggling at the moment. I get so far and the tension just keeps popping it back out.

3) Do I actually need to stretch the spring? Can I just spray lube in via the top and expect all to be good?

4) I also have some of the metal 190rnd MAG midcaps. Can I expect the same issues as above?

Thanks for looking.

Re: MAG midcap question

Which midcaps you got? M4, P90, G36....?

I'd not touch them unless you getting feed issues! My P90 ones been feeding fine since the day I got them :p

Comment

They are all M4 mags.

Comment

As with me i have the same mags with the wierd white plastic rod in the bottom however i dont even know how to open them up to stretch the string etc.

Comment

Have you been opening them up by undoing the plastic screw at the bottom? Are the mags more grey than black with no markings on?
          Armoury:
          - M4-RIS - Sr-25 - G36
          - M4-SPR - Glock18

Rate a Trader Link:
          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...406#post224406

Comment

Some pictures would really help

Comment

Yep getting into the mag by undoing the 'screw' at the bottom.

1st set (without the white plastic bit inside) are black with the HK trades.

2ns set (with white plastic) after just checking are definetly more grey then black.

Does this mean they are different versions etc?

Comment

Ive got H&K marked mags ive taken the cap out since i lost it lol and yea theres a white rod but how do you get to the spring etc

Comment

On my one I had to pull the white plastic bit out, and then you can get to the spring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Deacon Find out more about Deacon
                  Working...
                  X