Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Broken AK 74 receiver. Repair suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken AK 74 receiver. Repair suggestions?

I got a Cyma CM047C off here some time ago.
    First time it was test fired the receiver split, forward of the charging handle.
    (The lying Sh*tbag that sold it knew what he was selling all right).
    A large piece fell off and as this retains the spring and rod for the top cover it renders the gun unuseable.
    Any ideas on how to securely re attach the broken piece?
    Needless to say its monkey metal not real aluminium or i would have Tig welded it myself.
    Molecular metal/Araldite of some kind perhaps?

Cheers, Yorkie.

Re: Broken AK 74 receiver. Repair suggestions?

Look up "thortex"

There are many varieties but the one I am thinking of mixes like arildite but once set it is as good as steel. You can drill it and even cut threads into it. I have a load at work but I am in Germany and there would be some real hissy fits if I sent it through the post.

If you can wait, I am back in the UK at the end of this month.

Where abouts Daarn Saarf are you as I also am from Daarn Saarf.

Comment

Send it back, failing that JB weld? or maybe cut the loss and have a look for cheap china parts to replace? shipping can be very modest if it is just small, light parts that you need.

Comment

Out of stock anywhere i looked overseas for this type of receiver (and its rare to find anyone who stocks it). Definately nothing in UK.
        Went the Paypal route. Waste of time as usual as soon as they find out its a rif.

Comment

Maybe small claims it instead? i mean it really depends on how much effort it us worth to you. You could have a look at an older cyma AK with full stock that may fit or LCT/ VFC receiver may work? you may have to sacrafice the full stock and get a receiver with folding instead?

Comment

It is the side folding stock AK74 (skeleton stock).
            The problem is that is an alloy receiver (TM clone) not the steel VFC clone that Cyma make now.
            Totally different and incompatible with each other mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

0880yorkie Likes big cars, faster bikes, guns, beer and the wind in my flowing locks. Lol. Find out more about 0880yorkie
            Working...
            X