Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Official Magpul PTS 7.62 PMAG feeding very badly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Magpul PTS 7.62 PMAG feeding very badly.

So a little while back I acquired 3 brand new 20LR PMAGs.

I was expecting great things from them since they were official Magpul products and cost me a bomb (as much as a gas pistol..) and indeed the polymer on them feels very nice and very solid.

HOWEVER

These magazines seem to fail at their intended task which is feeding the bbs into the chamber. When I shoot my DMR, it fails to feed sporadically. So, for example, I can shoot 10 rounds no problem, and then it won't shoot for 5 rounds etc.
    It seems to feed the rounds very sluggishly and when I fire single shot, I can hear the bbs slowly being pushed up. Therefore when I fire shots quickly, pretty much none of them get a chance to feed, I have to resort to firing very slowly and sometimes bumping the mag to get the bbs up.
    Often the rounds double stack inside the mag and I have to hit it hard against something. And no, I am not over-loading them. They are advertised as being able to hold 120 rounds, I can barely get a full quickloader into them (about 90 rounds)
    So far I'm very disappointed.

Is there any way that I can remedy this? Do mags have a certain "break-in" period?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

tl;dr mags feed badly and double stack. halp!
    sigpic

Re: Official Magpul PTS 7.62 PMAG feeding very badly.

Do they fit well in the mag well ?

Comment

Yeah, they fit fine. I even added a few layers of duct tape to the back of the magwell and now it fits very snugly, no wobble at all.
      Even when I physically push the mag up with my hand and shoot, it doesn't feed, so I'm almost 100% certain the problem is with the magazine itself. The bb's come out of it very weakly.
      sigpic

Comment

Could be that the springs are weak but I don't see why if they're new o.O

Comment

Yeah, that's why I'm baffled too. And they shouldn't double stack at all, yet they do...

I might try lubing them. Do you know if I should use/avoid any lubricant in particular?
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure, so I would make sure first but Silicone lubricant I think is good, as I say I would check to see what to use first though.

Comment

My housemate has had serious issues with his official 7.62 pmags not feeding in his VFC Scar-H - the normal high caps work fine (as do the VFC midcaps) - I'll be taking a look at them when I get back to uni so I'll see if I can shed any light on it
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Alright, I'll read up on it. Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one! My original SR-25 hicap works flawlessly. Let me know if you figure anything out
                sigpic

Comment

So...I've used plenty of silicone lube on the mags to no avail.

I have noticed that the bb's double stack and thus jam inside the magazine. Does anyone know if there's a way to remedy this?
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                  Working...
                  X