Mods to a Matrix Pulse Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to a Matrix Pulse Rifle

This is my third PR I've had. My first was a G&P on a TM. My second was based on a Cyma Thompson and Matsu's resin shrouds. This one is the Matrix PR. I wanted to do some mods to it. First, I love tracer units. I wanted to add one to this PR. Now no tracer unit fits and they don't make adapters for this barrel. So this is what I did.

Firts, I bought a adapter for an M9. I then had the barrel machined down to fit the adapter.

Then the adapter attaches to the now smaller barrel tip.

And then I can attach my Tracer Unit.

Short video of the PR and TR.

And one more...
    "Dead or alive, you're coming with me"

That's very nice mate I have always fancied one but not the snow wolf as I wanted a working shotty. Which is the best to get then seeing as you appear to be quite informed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Mods to a Matrix Pulse Rifle

The Matrix PR is the same as the Snow Wolf PR. Both are made by Snow Wolf. I'm in the States so I got mine from Evike which brands it as a Matrix. So, on to your question. You can technically mount an airsoft shotgun in the SPAS cage. It would be a lot of work though as you would have to remove a lot of plastic. It would be easier to mount a real SPAS cage (about $250) as they are just a wee bit bigger than the one here. Plus, they are completely open inside. Some minor grinding might be needed. The Tanaka M870 would be the way to go as it uses gas shells. The Maruzen M870 uses a gas tank in the stock and that would have to be re routed. You should be able to mount any of the other available spring shotguns easily enough. You just wont have the cool feature of the opening ejection port.

Here is another mod I made to the PR. It's designed for an 8.4v stick. A 9.6v will fit but it's very tight. This is what holds the battery in place.

By removing that tab you open up a lot more room for a longer battery. Here I glued a piece of foam, a bit further down.

Now there are no more pinched wires.
      "Dead or alive, you're coming with me"

Comment

Re: Mods to a Matrix Pulse Rifle

Originally posted by Rich83 View Post
        That's very nice mate I have always fancied one but not the snow wolf as I wanted a working shotty. Which is the best to get then seeing as you appear to be quite informed?

Bloke called mirlock on here did that a while back, send him a pm.

Comment

I remember there were kits to upgrade a tm Thompson and spas. Who made those?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Director Find out more about The Director
          Working...
          X