HPA Setup without quick detach fuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPA Setup without quick detach fuss

Hi guys, so I was thinking of setting my inokatsu up for HPA, but I'm not too keen on having to disconnect and reconnect the remote line every time I need to change magazine, so it occurred to me - why not stick the quick connect fitting at the top of the mag, so that it automatically connects/disconnects when you pull out or put in a new magazine into the mag well? Here's a pic to try and illustrate what I mean:

HPA setup.jpg
    -
    What dya guys think? The biggest issue would be whether there'd be enough room underneath the bolt to run the line through - perhaps use a very thin line, or possibly cut a groove for it to go through. I'm just trying to think how to make everything a bit more ergonomic. What are you thoughts? Also, please don't say, "I don't mind having to mess with the quick detach on the mag" etc. that's not what this is about.

Cheers, Tom

- - - Updated - - -

Also, sorry for crappy illustration, it's really difficult to do a curved tube shaped object in sketchup.

Re: HPA Setup without quick detach fuss

there is actually a gun that does that (well a couple) there is the polar star fusion engine, an hpa replacement for a gearbox that is electrically operated, but has no recoil, and the daytona gun that drops in the same, but has recoil, and is mechanical.
    "They've got us surrounded again the poor bastards"
    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TomFahey Find out more about TomFahey
    Working...
    X