Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devgru Throat Mic Issues

Hi all,
    Looking for a little advice from anyone using a Devgru Throat Mic and particularly those of you using it with a Motorola Talkabout. I recently got one of these sets very cheaply off a forum member. I also bought a set of Motorola Talkabout T5422's and the appropriate 'Hirose' adapter.

So when the Devgru mic set and its ear piece is receiving speech from another radio its loud and clear and very audible in the ear tube. However when you talk using the throat mic nothing gets transmitted at any level. Funnily enough if you scratch the surface of the throat mic microphone itself the scratching is played over to the other radio but no speech.

Has anyone got any ideas why this might be? The PTT button functions correctly and when pressed turns on the other radio but no voice is transmitted.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Keith
    sigpic

Re: Devgru Throat Mic Issues

Bump!
    sigpic

Comment

Would really appreciate some help on this. Any of you using a Devgru throat mic and Motorola radio? If so what model?
      I don't mind getting an additional radio if I know it's going to work.

Cheers all.
      sigpic

Comment

Re: Devgru Throat Mic Issues

I'm no expert, but the way that you say it transmits the scratches but not voice, are you sure it's making proper contact with your throat?
        might be worth testing it with someone else wearing it, ideally someone with a different neck size (I'd suggest your neck might be too small)
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

My girlfriend (tiny neck) had the same issue. I'm average build with a normal neck.
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sonicninja Find out more about sonicninja
          Working...
          X