Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for project gun

Hi guys

First of all, I'm sorry the thread title is a little generic for what I'm actually asking, it's just the best title I can come up with for what I'm asking. I'm not asking what gun I should build necessarily e.g. M4, Scar, M14 etc.

What I entail to do is build my own M4/variant PTW, aiming for as much realism in functionality as I can get, if that makes sense. Here are some point what I would like it to do:
    • have a good recoil system
    • empty magazine detection (bolt lock functionaility)
    • moving bolt when fired, probably prefer closed bolt
    • can be gas or electric to get most functionality
    • allow for a Magpul UBR stock to be used
    • burst functionality (I can sort this for electric, is there a solution for gas?)

There may be some Impracticalities here and where you see there is something that may not be possible, fire away with any solutions etc.

As for performance, I'm not sure what brand gearbox I will be using as of now, but I am hoping to go with something that sounds good when fired. I already have the UBR stock for this project, plus a Madbull VTAC rail. I have done a fair bit of research but the UBR stock is causing issues when it comes to building an EBB solution, and then I have an issue with getting all the functionality I want if I build a GBB solution.

I may be misinformed about some things and feel free to correct me, give me any experience you have had your selves and any advice or solutions.

Much appreciated

sigpic

Re: Suggestions for project gun

3 round burst kits are readily available for WA and (i think) WE GBB M4s, ptws have no appreciable recoil and as you say you cant easily fit a ubr on an ebb, so gas is your best option.

I've never had either but I want a WA m4 to do up as an spr at some point soon
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yeah I've read some good things about the WA M4s, I would probably want to try and source the receiver and internals only though if possible. Just has a quick look and seems it offers everything I want. I have an SPRA, only an AEG but I could always add EBB functionaility to it at a later time. I tried putting the ASHU in that for empty mag detection but it didn't work so well but that's a different story :p

Time to look for the WA parts!

sigpic

Comment

So I'm having a hard time sourcing the WA internals and a compatible receiver with VLTOR trades (full metal). I could buy a full WA M4 CQBR but I don't need the RIS, outer barrel, inner barrel, stock or buffer tube etc so I could probably save a few quid just getting the parts I want, if I can find them. Maybe there are some alternatives but the WA does tick all the boxes.

I'm probably being a bit picky but I'm the meticulous sort

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hulse17 Find out more about Hulse17
        Working...
        X