Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

MSA headset issue: I'm not receiving traffic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSA headset issue: I'm not receiving traffic!

Hi folks,

I'm running an MSA Sordin 'supreme' headset.

Radio connects to PTT/mic via double pin (XTN), PTT to headset via 3.5mm aux cable.

I can send through the radio (no issues there!) and also through the PTT/Mic.

The headset 'noise cancellation' function, on/off and volume work fine.

The issue: When I receive traffic I can't hear anything. However I can hear a click in the headset when I press the PTT.

Duff aux cable? Or am I looking at sending it off for repairs?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ben
    "People say; 'one man can't make a difference'. That's why i have a spotter!"

Re: MSA headset issue: I'm not receiving traffic!

What PTT is it, some of the element ones don't work properly.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I don't think it's a cheapsoft PTT.

I'm swapping out the aux cable tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

Cheers fella.

Comment

Yeah my sordins only work with RS ptt's..Clone ones work fine with z tactical ones etc..
        Member Of Task Force Annex (TFA) Airsoft Team
        Callsign: TFA-2

Comment

Have you checked your radio subchannel isn't set incorrectly as this would cause the same issue.

Worth a shot!

Comment

Swapped the aux cable with no joy. Sub channels are all good.

Not sure about the PTT as there's no trades so I'm guessing its a cheapsoft and hence, will not work.

Comment

Right, I just hooked up my headset to my MP3 player via the aux cable. Crystal clear sound.

PTT it is then!

Comment

Is the transmiting light staying on all the time? Its only meant to come on when the ptt is pressed, that explains why you can send but not recieve.
                If it is its the ptt at fault
                Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

I don't get a PTT light at all now I've checked.

I'm gonna order a better aux lead and I've found a Motorola XTN446 compatible PTT that'll accept a 3.5mm lead.

Lets see!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Baseplate Find out more about Baseplate
                  Working...
                  X