Bowman Headset Project Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowman Headset Project Help

I'm looking to remove the need for a PTT on my Airsoft Bowman Headset, I have no electrical background so need to know if it has been done before or if its possible to do and any help would be great.

I have a normal Airsoft Bowman and PTT replica bought off ebay and I'm fed up with having problems with the PTT's what I wan't to do is forget the PTT altogether and attach the Pins from the PTT wire and ideally most of the existing wire straight onto the Bowmans wire, taking out the large military pin, so it's just the Bowman headset with a wire that goes straight into the connector Pins, as I have My Radio on my front anyway its no real difference to me to key up from the radio itself.

Cheers

Re: Bowman Headset Project Help

Yes, it's possible and relatively easy.

The simplest way would be to leave the large jack plug on the headset and buy an inline socket, remove the ptt and fit the socket to the remaining cable.

If you want more help then post up detail photos of you headset and ptt. There are several variations of your setup available.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Cheers, I will take some photos of my setup, I work nights so I will try and take pictures later this morning and post them tonight.

Comment

Here are the Pictures, My headset is a Z-Tactical and I'm not sure what make the PTT is.

http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/Be...?sort=3&page=1
        Attached Files

Comment

Don't know why the thumbnail came up as it did, but in the link there's a few photos

Comment

Right well I removed the PTT and attached the wires, making sure no different coloured wires are touching and when i put it all together the headset just transmits, it also appears there is a problem with the jack and the inline socket as the only time it stopped was when i rotated the jack in the socket. Again I think I would rather remove the jack and the inline out of the picture. Still need to sort out why its transmitting

Comment

when you push the ptt it completes the transmit 'loop' which blocks the incoming transmittions by removing the ptt all you are doing in constantly transmitting and not receiving any signals theres not really and easy way around this problem without complex electronics that I know of

Comment

Yeah, not good. Found websites that sell genuine bowman PTT's and replacment PTT wires to whatever connector so going to go the genuine route

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Rimmer258th Find out more about Rimmer258th
                Working...
                X