PSG1 into G36 Theoretical advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSG1 into G36 Theoretical advice please

I was just sorting out all of my airsoft bits and realised that I have an almost complete G36 body set with everything except a mag well.
    It got me thinking, would it be possible to fit a PSG1 gearbox and barrel etc into this G36 body?
    I'm not sure if this will ever come to anything, but I keep finding myself wanting a PSG1, but at the same time, I really like the G36.

So, all you guys with lots of experience on here, has anyone tried this? does anyone have any knowledge on this subject?

Thanks,

Mike.

Re: PSG1 into G36 Theoretical advice please

Hi Mate,

So basically are you looking for a G36 that takes the psg-1 mags? That would look pretty sweet!!

As for whether it can be done? im not sure. From looking at both guns, theres quite a bit of difference in length inbetween the hops and gearboxes. I cant see how you would be able to put a psg gearbox in a G36, and geth the hop in the right plae for the mag.

Id be intrested to see it done though!
    Originally posted by Artekus
    It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

The aim was more for the PSG1's fireing system than the mags. I'm quite happy with the look of the G36 with SL9 mags.

I like the way that the PSG1 pre loads the spring so that the trigger pull just releases it like a bolt action.

If this fails, I will just get another G36 gearbox.

Comment

If i were you ig get a MOSFET installed. Much quicker trigger response, which is basically what you get with the PSG. The first strokoe being the release stroke.

With a MOSFET you get a much quicker response, and would be a lot easier to do than getting a psg mechbox in a G36
        Originally posted by Artekus
        It looks like I'll need to brush up on my fieldcraft/untutored thrashing about in the undergrowth

Comment

wouldent work mate.
          g36 version 3 gearbox
          psg-1 version 4 gearbox
          the dimensions and the firing mechanisims are differant
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Getting the V4 gearbox to fit into a G36 receiver would be extremely difficult, probably not realistic.

The "pre-cocking" feature is possible to transfer to a V3 gearbox, you will however, have to come up with a way of decompressing the spring at the end of the day as the V4 has a decompression lever.
            Another issue is that the trigger doesn't directly release the piston, not quite in the same way as say a VSR does. It still has to start the motor up, which in the case of the spring being nearly fully compressed can affect trigger response time if the gear ratios/ battery pack drain rate aren't correctly matched. This is why the PSG-1 gearset is sharply sided towards torque (high ratio).

To get piston to stop near the peak of compression you would need to adjust the position of the cutoff cam on the sector gear, along with that you would need an active braking device be it mechanical like the V4 or though a dual MOSFET switch to stop the motor dead at the point of cutoff.
            Unfortunately i for the majority of Sector gears the cutoff cam is one piece cast with the rest of the gear, so you would need to file the existing one down and crate another one at the desired point.

The G&G/AA Sector gear has the correct cutoff points, but I'm unsure wether or not they would work in the standard V3 box, if it did you would still need to remove the first 3 teeth.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 28 February, 2010, 23:35.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for all the advise guys.

This was just a brain fart the other day, and I wondered if it would be possible. maybe make use of the almost entire G36 body parts that I found in my cupboard.

Clearly its not realistic at all.
              Time to come up with another bad idea I guess...

Thanks to everyone for the response.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mike C Find out more about Mike C
              Working...
              X