Spare Bulbs for Funpowerland SVD Scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare Bulbs for Funpowerland SVD Scope

ok i've got one of these but my bulb has gone, does anybody know if these are replaceable

http://www./item/Funpowerland-SVD-Dragunov-4x26-Red-Illuminated-AK-Rifle-Scope/878211666.html
    Last edited by Splitter; 8 June, 2013, 00:20.

Re: Spare Bulbs for Funpowerland SVD Scope

Cant say for sure, but I imagine it would be a tiny soldered in LED or similar rather than a bulb? Only way to find out it start taking it apart.

Comment

Here we go then

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Comment

That is definately an LED. They last a lifetime literally, unless a reverse voltage has been applied to them.

Generally they need a resistor in the negative lead to reduce the current, however they can be used without a resistor if the voltage is no more than three(3) volts.
        By any chance did you insert the battery the wrong way round?

You can get replacements from Maplins quite cheaply, they come in different diameters, 3/5/8 mm for example.

The negative lead is usually the shortest lead.

Comment

to the above point, most leds have a flat side, this is also a i sign of the negative

Comment

The scope cam in a trade so i i'm guessing the LED blew before it got to me. Will try a replacement thanks

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

warmy Impulsive, Impatience & always skint Find out more about warmy
            Working...
            X