Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio compatability help

Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this and I'm a bit confused. My team have purchased a load of Cobtra MT800 radio's. Im looking at PTT's and headsets. The Cobra's use a single pin headset socket. I'm not sure but i think its a standard 3.5 mm jack. The amount of headsets available are limited and to be honest not great. I would like to invest in a proper PTT and decent headset such as a Bowman or Comtac however I can not find a PTT that directly states its compatible with the Cobra's. I've been looking at different radio's wether PTT adapters for different branded single pin headsets would be compatible and all sorts and i've got myself all confused.

Can someone suggest a comms set up that isnt going to cost the earth that would allow me to use an element bowman or a comtac headset and either a Cobra MT800 radio or a compatible radio that will allow me to communicate with my team.

Cheers guys

Yours Aye,

Confused

If it's 3.5 mm I dunno, if it's 2.5mm TRRS it's probably Motorola.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Find what PTT you need (these are the adaptors as all headsets use a J11 I think its called) and then by a Bowman headset.

Should cost no more than £40 for the PTT and headset.

Comment

Re: Radio compatability help

Ok that's great cheers for that. Just to confirm I've got this right you think a Motorola single pin PTT should be compatible with the cobra radios?

Comment

Yeah but have q quick Google asking that same question.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Greenie Find out more about Greenie
          Working...
          X