Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Project Plausable

Hi,

I do not have that much experiances with modding and upgrading and building. However I was looking to build myself a custom m4, i.e. buy the externals and internals and put them all together. I am fairly handy with tools, just wondering weather I should attempt this, as I have heard custom builds are better thsn buying new, is it that difficult?

Thanks

Re: M4 Project Plausable

Most of the time they are better because you can mix and match each makers parts, and it is alot cheaper to self build.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    Just because something is in Transformers 2 doesnt make it real.

Comment

Could anybody PM a decent list of parts/kits needed for under £400?

Comment

Originally posted by Could Not Think Of A Name View Post
        Most of the time they are better because you can mix and match each makers parts, and it is alot cheaper to self build.

I disagree.

At one point I decided I wanted to build myself an MP5, but It worked out ALOT more expensive.

It'll definatley be a fun project, but an expensive one.

Comment

you can build your self a much better gun, although it is probably easier/cheaper to buy a donor clone gun, and just work on the gearbox.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
            I disagree.

At one point I decided I wanted to build myself an MP5, but It worked out ALOT more expensive.

It'll definatley be a fun project, but an expensive one.

So say you buy a Systema MP5?
            Its WILL work out cheaper to self build, than to buy a Systema MP5.
            Last edited by sj_asc; 21 February, 2010, 20:58. Reason: Offensive content removed

Comment

systemas aren't really normal AEG's as such and if you want something vaguely near the quality of the systema mp5 its going to cost a fair amount more than a stock systema one.

Donor gun (CA) £230
              Systema Revolution gearbox £415
              Mosfet enabling 3 round burst £50
              Lipo battery £20
              Tightbore barrel £40
              Upgraded hop unit, nub & rubber £50
              and others but thats what i can think of of the top of my head.

£800+

Comment

Originally posted by Could Not Think Of A Name View Post
                So say you buy a Systema MP5?
                Its WILL work out cheaper to self build, than to buy a Systema MP5..

I wasn't really comparing prices with systemas.....

I know building a systema is cheaper, but i was referring to SENSIBLE AEG's.

And I was saying for me it worked out more expensive, which is a fact. Building the gun cost an extra £200.
                Last edited by sj_asc; 21 February, 2010, 20:57. Reason: Offensive content removed

Comment

ok before this get locked .... i have built a lot of custom m4's it all depends how custom you want to go and what brands you want to use

having a base gun some times works out best but other times it does not drop me a pm and i can sort you out a list or way to go with this
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Id say build up from a G&P mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ells View Post

Mosfet enabling 3 round burst £50

Where do you get this for £50 really want to get one

Comment

To be fair mate, listen to johnny, he has built more custom m4's than i've had on site brews!

Starting a project gun always tends to cost more in the end, been there and done it a few times myself, from my VSR (somewhere in the region now its finished of over 300-400 quid gone into it after the base gun) and my M4 (Had around the same amount for systema internals, G&P body and ris etc.)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

if your willing to spend 400quid youll get a very good make of aeg already built.
                          you must also be careful of what parts you buy to build your own as even though it all 99% marui based there are still incompatibility (tolerance) issues between different makes
                          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

As most the guys say, base it off a G&P as they have by far the most leeway when adding external and internal bits to them. Also the bodys are of stonkingly good quality.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

personally i wouldn't touch a G&P. There externals are very nice but internals arn't exactly great. Not bad though by any means. I'd just get a CA M15, madbull hop unit and tightbore. Job done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X