Scratch-built Custom Pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch-built Custom Pistol?

Okay, I'm looking at getting a pistol because I want one (I don't need it, but...). I'm after a good spec full-metal 1911 but can't find one, new or second hand, that I like/is good enough/is full metal so am thinking about building one from the ground up.

By this I mean not buying a pistol then buying all the upgrades but buying all the component parts then assembling it (or paying someone who knows how to...). However it is here that I become stuck. I've found some aesthetic parts I want, but have no idea about what internals are required and what would be recomended to make a 'good' pistol.

Therefore I was wondering if any of you wonderful people could give me some advice or a parts list as to what I'm going to need to buy?

Thanks for any help.

* As for note the aesthetic parts I know I want are (incase this will affect part selection):
    - Aluminum Slide & Frame for MARUI MEU.45 (Alum. Original)(Guarder product page)
    - 'Real steel' Hogue grip
    - That damn funky trigger with the holes in & Skeletal hammer

Re: Scratch-built Custom Pistol?

for me as i have done 1 :
    tm 1911 as the base
    i would not get the silver frame/slide set as the finish is not that good so black guarder set
    upgrade hammer/recoil spring set
    nova bushing ( black)
    nova trigger ( lots to pick from ! )
    a nice outer barrel
    hi-flow valves
    god the list can go on its all down how you want it look at the end of the day

here is a pic of a springfield 1911 i made with there silver frame set .. so you kow why i say black

Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackjack13 No Gods. No masters. Find out more about Blackjack13
    Working...
    X