Ak furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ak furniture

Dumb question I'm sure, but I cat find the answer. Or my old thread on the matter.

Been a while since I owned an ak. This one is the Romanian, but want a slightly prettier hand guard for it (not Romanian)

One that is actual solid wood and not plaster board glued together. Something with a decent pattern and grain on it.

What are the options? And if real steel hand guards fit, where the heck do you source then from?

Re: Ak furniture

Someone will no doubt be along to offer a better answer to your question soon, but you might want to specify the make of your AK as it will affect things.

I've got a real AKM wood set on my AK (bought off a forum member on here, though I have seen them on ebay as well as knowing that there are some websites that source them direct from Russia) but my AK body is a G&P so it wouldn't 'directly' take the real wood. It took me a lot of Dremelling to get the handguard on there. I have heard that other makes, possibly LCT and maybe GHK, can take AK furniture with no issues.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Sorry I thought I had! Itsthe CYMA. (As much as I wish it was the inokatsu )

Comment

TM clone or VFC clone style CYMA?
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

ACM solid wood kits can be found at HK stores for import. Read the descriptions carefully as some the ACM stuff is particle board with a skin over it.
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Real steal bits are a bit big for the TM (I have done it) only by about 5-8 mm and it just takes a little dremmel work to get it to fit. Modern AK furniture is ply I believe so it's easy to do.

Comment

It's the VFC clone. The current grip is the layered wood stuck together, but a bit of wood stain makes it less noticeable!

Comment

I do believe a hungarian mate uses RS furniture on his VFC style AK, because it's easily installable and also cheap as chips out there. Need to drop him a bell if/when I get myself a decent AK :P
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                Working...
                X