M4 Stubby Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Stubby Project

So, I have recently acquired a G&P Cracker as I decided to get something very short and light for CQB, but ideally wanted something I could use with my current M4 mags and pouches etc.

It looks like this.

image.jpg

I have no complaints about size or performance, although I might stick a tightbore in it at some point, but I would quite like to change some of the externals.

I would like it to look something like this when it's done.

image.jpg
    Obviously the front section is shorter and I would like to keep it that way.

Or this

image.jpg

The main issue I have with it is that I don't like the receiver Skull Frog markings. I would like to swap that out with a Magpul receiver. I figure this is something a technician could do quite easily, right? Otherwise, the stock is the next thing I'll change. Does anyone have any advice or words of warning about this project? I have only ever used AEGs as I bought them before.

Cheers for any help you can provide.

Re: M4 Stubby Project

nope all fine the magpul bottom (if you can find one) will fit on the gp cracker ...
    then buy a clone magpul ctr stock for about £25 new of the bay of e (tan or black)
    tak of your iron sights and buy magpul short pmags and then you have to bottom gum

Comment

Cheers buddy. I'll have a look, sure I can find the Magpul receiver somewhere...

Comment

not cheap ... my friend got one of this forum but took him so long to find

keep the skull frog one for now and sourse everything else first as it mihght grow on you lol

Comment

Oh, definitely. I'm going to use it as is until I can get the Magpul one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, just me being picky!

Comment

They pop up from time to time on the FB groups as well
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

If anyone's interested, the externals on this are all finished for now and it looks like this.

image.jpg

Comment

that looks awesome mate, good work sticking to plan i always get distracted and change my mind half way through a project
                Surrounded? You mean we can attack in all directions!!!

Comment

Cheers! Now I'm puzzling over the best way to replace the incredibly short barrel with a tightbore and how to affix a silencer, as the flash hider that's on there now attaches to the outer barrel just inside the RIS handguard. I figure a CW to CCW adaptor should be fine for this, right?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak212 Find out more about Kodiak212
                  Working...
                  X