Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

CTW advice needed, to ORGA Magnus wide bore or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTW advice needed, to ORGA Magnus wide bore or not?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering now that the NAE is over about doing even more upgrades to my CTW MX3, I am currently running it with a Systema 2012 inner barrel, with a STTS MDD Ver.2 hop unit, running at about 305 FPS with a .2, however range has significantly dropped off, grouping is still epic, but the range really is starting to drop off.
    I am basically thinking about going all out and getting a ORGA Magnus wide bore with a modifyed Systema hop unit done by the Project PTW guys and also getting the cylinder looked over and set to about 330 fps with the wide bore.

Has anyone had any experiance with the Project PTW guys and does this sound a little too far to push it?

Many Thanks guys,

Casey
    Last edited by sj_asc; 2 September, 2013, 11:47. Reason: Moved to Tech - General

Re: CTW advice needed, to ORGA Magnus wide bore or not?

Project PTW is only one person, but he does good work - as friends who've used his services have told me.

Comment

I wouldn't bother with the ORGA widebore to be honest mate, reviews/threads on other forums suggest the accuracy gain isn't really worth it. And paying north of $100 for a brass barrel is quite frankly a farce.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

If range is your issue. HOP is your problem, not the barrel.

Comment

Agreed ,I have various set ups and range is great on all of them . It's the consistency at range where you can tell the difference . I have yet to try the Orga though

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
            I wouldn't bother with the ORGA widebore to be honest mate, reviews/threads on other forums suggest the accuracy gain isn't really worth it. And paying north of $100 for a brass barrel is quite frankly a farce.
            Not quite, as they are all under $90 and are stainless steel with a Teflon coating.
            sigpic
            View iTrader Rating Here
            Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

Cheers for the response guys,
              I might have a play around with the hop and just check the nub is okay etc.
              When I say range has dropped off, im getting a measured 60m consistently, which is good.

Cheers guys,

Caseu

Comment

60m with tight grouping is pretty dam good tbh particularly at the power level your pushing. I wouldn't waste the money to gain 30 fps, unless its somehow going to add 20m.
                "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                Life in the fast lane........
                sigpic

Comment

if your willing to splash out could you do some scientific bench testing and data logging ect for us all to see the difference. grab that orga thing and let us see

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Cheers guys,
                    LOL I think my bank account might commit suicide completely if I brought an ORGA barrel lol.
                    On an unrelated question, has anyone had any experience with the STTS Fuse Hyperion motor for TW's?
                    Not sure on whether to make a whole new thread up or not.

Many Thanks,

Casey

Comment

I have one, only had two months, no problems todate, guess only time will tell. I am told they are rated very good.
                      sigpic" Only the living cry for war's end, the dead are quite relaxed about it "

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jimbob1254 Find out more about jimbob1254
                      Working...
                      X