Chrono method..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrono method..

Quick question for all those "self-techs" like me on here.

When chronoing a RIF, do you chrono with or without the silencer on?

In the instance of my new sniper for example, it will ALWAYS have its silencer on soooooooo would 500fps be taken from then end of the silencer or with the silence removed?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

**insert witty remark**

Re: Chrono method..

i'd guess that it should be crono'd as it would be used but i'd contact you'r regular sight to get their view on it as they have the final say.how much difference is there between no silencer fitted and with silencer fitted, if its only a 10 fps variation then its hardly worth worrying about and you might as well take the hit of 500 fps without and 490 fps with silencer.

Comment

My site chronos as it will be used.... Hop adjusted, silencers on etc etc.

Anything else is a "false" reading IMO.

Comment

The easiest way to solve this problem is to leave a safe fps margin when setting the gun up in the first place . No need to be 1 fps under the site chrono limit in the first place . Different sites use different chronos so what you may get away with at one site , will be over at the next .

Comment

as above , different weather can change fps, if you are to close to the limit it can ruin you'r day, better 480 fps and playing than 505 fps and unused.

Comment

Depends on the gun - my aug has an extended barrel running most of the way through the silencer, so i'll never skirmish it without. All chrono shots taken on there have the silencer on.

My MP5 on the other hand doesn't have an extended barrel, so the silencer is more of an optional extra. After a rebuild, I'll chrono with both the silencer on and off. That keeps me covered for all eventualities with it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runningrabbit Find out more about runningrabbit
            Working...
            X