silencers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silencers

Anyone know much about suppressors for use on gas guns? Im guessing 22 airgun suppressor are as close as airsoft rules will apply? Im mostly interested in the baffles etc for maximum effectiveness .
    Also anyone into 22 air rifles who knows of a quiet one to research into?

Re: silencers

Easy the best air rifle one out there and mass produced is the HW one, if could get hold if one then a Nutshot one is a special build and very rare as he doesn't make them anymore (due to the VCRA)

The HW one uses hair rollers and thick 'brillo pad' type material to make it work, but very effective on sub fac air rifles.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh forgot to say the vast majority of air rifle silencers will be 1/2 inch fitting so not usual Airsoft 14mm sizes unless can get a imperial to metric thread converter an air rifle one would be useless in Airsoft (but will give you an understanding of the internals) if you give us a day will take pics of the standard HW internals as well as a couple others I have (Twink, SAC and couple others). This should give an idea of what they aim for.
      sigpic

Comment

cheers thats great as i know theirs some really good silencers for airguns out their a friend had a s200 if i remember and that was really quiet so how ever that has been suppressed i dont see why part of that carnt be used in airsoft etc .
        Just so many different designs internally to choose from its what works and what doesn't tho really :/ as theirs back venting, expansion chambers, baffles the list goes on...

Comment

As promised here are 3 of mine.

Top - Weihrauch HW version - plastic 'hair roller' wrapped in heavy quite rigid felt. Metal disc spacers inbetween.

Middle - Webley QGS version - one I've modd'd slightly so similar to above HW but sort in reverse hair roller on outside then soft felt then smaller plastic hair roller inside that. Metal washer discs between.

Bottom - Twink mk2 - metal drilled 'rollers' with a few wraps of wooly felt, plastic discs between.

All 3 designs have longer lengths at the ends and a shorter in the middle, the bits on the far left are the end caps not spacers each has only 2 spacers inbetween the roller sections only and none at the ends as the caps do the job. I can only guess that they've figured out is the best for harmonics and silencing.

All these are simple 1/2inch UNF fittings not reflex or any other style but find these are very effective, the other I have is a custom Bucketboy silencer that is perfectly silent for a 11.5ftlb rifle although is over a foot long and partial reflex style is by far the best I've ever had, used or compared to anything else I've seen.

Hope that this helps

Simon
          sigpic

Comment

which one is quietest oon your airrifle? ive heard that the Weihrauch HW are probably best ones out their maybe from couple lads

Comment

The winerack ones are very good for the price and unless going for a special one off custom made one you can't really beat it.

The major difference is the quality control that you need as the hole in the middle if the disc baffle has to be perfectly centered for it to work properly and then give the smallest difference between the round (bullet) diameter and the hole to catch the gasses without too much spill. Again unless trying to use silencers in non blow back weapons in Airsoft they are pretty much for the look only rather than functional.

Ignoring my custom one the HW would be my next best bet.
              sigpic

Comment

yer they'll be going on none blowback guns tm mk23 and a longer one for my tm mk23 with gspec barrel inside

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Agack Find out more about Agack
                Working...
                X