Solarforce Tailcap repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solarforce Tailcap repair

My pressure pad cable has become loose and created a bad connection, anyone know how to remove so I can attempt a repair?

No obvious way to get in it, happy to cut and replace but unsure what the connection is....

any help appreciated.

Stock/library picture of my cable

tailcap.jpg

Re: Solarforce Tailcap repair

Ah, I have the standard tape switch but I don't have the gucci one - a few flashlight forums have suggested that you need to buy a new one and "pot" the electronics instantly. This is (apparently) a process by which you flood the electronics with epoxy, meaning they are completely shock/pull proof.

Have you had a go at disassembling the tailcap? It looks like it might unscrew, if it does you need to strip the thing, resolder it and fill it with epoxy so it doesn't happen again. It's what I did to my Solarforce PTS-2 tape switch and it's been rock solid ever since.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Solarforce Tailcap repair

I think I have fixed it, pull wires out with teeth then knocked centre pin through. Soldered bullet back on and bent negative wire over on itself and tinned. Seems a good fit, then used epoxy to hold, will test in morning.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Biff0r Find out more about Biff0r
      Working...
      X