Metal finishes on guns - anodize / chrome / electroplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal finishes on guns - anodize / chrome / electroplate

Hi, Ive got some guns that always seem to chip some paint. I'll strip them down clean then and paint again - continuous and expensive cycle. Ive got some Krylon fusion but haven't tried it yet. I was mooching around the internet and found a local firm that will anodize and chrome metal parts. I have 2 questions:

1 - I have a black Guarder fitted TM desert eagle - I was thinking of getting it electroplated and chrome finished. I'll need to strip it down to constituent parts and leave it with them.
    2. I was also thinking of getting various gun slides / slide stops / mag release catches that I have anodized in black.

My questions are - will electroplating and chroming - increase/decrease the very fine tolerances of the moving parts of my DE to an extent where it is too loose or too tight. I don't want anything to affect the performance or functionality of the gun.

Same for anodizing - but also does an anodized finish every wear off or scratch - I don't think it chips but does it wear out and eventually leave that "weathered" look ?

appreciate your thoughts on this.

Re: Metal finishes on guns - anodize / chrome / electroplate

It will add a miniscule layer to parts, so they might be too tight. Anodizing will wear out eventually, the type of anodizing depends on how long it takes.

Anodizing is pointless unless you know the specific alloy of aluminium your parts are made of, it can backfire quite nastily if you dont.

I'd recommend cerakoting these parts - its expensive but it works, and it looks stunning.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

IronMonkeyPimp Find out more about IronMonkeyPimp
    Working...
    X