M4 Masterkey project.. attaching DE M56 to m4 handguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Masterkey project.. attaching DE M56 to m4 handguard

I have decided to start work on an M4 masterkey project with my SRC M4 and my DE M56c lying around.
    I have spent hours of research looking on the internet and on these forums, looking of ways to fit the shotgun onto the handguard of my M4. Note the shotgun and handguard do not have rails and if my DE did have rails, they would be cheap plastic.

I just can't work out a way of securely fitting my M3 onto the handguard, I have thought up some ways of doing this, eg:

Cable ties

Bolting shotgun to handguard (wtf)

Removing orange plastic casing from shotgun and drilling into handguard, only problem here is if there is enough space inside the casing and the internals of the shotgun so it would actually provide a secure fit with all the screws lodged in there and from what I see, there seems to be a very tight squeeze between the casing and main internal body.

Somehow drilling lying around rails into shotgun casing and handguard, then clamping them together with something - what do I clamp it with? How do I make it secure?

Drilling both rails onto shotgun and handguard then drilling through the handguard, both rails and partway into the shotgun casing, have no clue if that made sense. Also have no clue if this would actually work without it falling off, the shotgun with grip and stock removed weighs at about 1kg.

I am doing this for mostly short-range encounters and a cheaper alternative to an M203.
    And of course, it would look pretty cool. I think.
    Anyone else that's done this, any suggestions of how you did it with that shotgun?
    Any ideas what to do here?
    And yes, I have looked at previous threads but they seemed to be no help to me since the threads I've seen has used a different shotgun and the methods of attaching a shotgun to the handguard of an M4 on those threads didn't make much sense to me, so I thought it'd be easier for me to get up and personal with making my own thread.
    Thanks.

Ive done it. A few different ways.

1. Epoxy a rail mount on it, i cut a carry handle down.
    -Broke

2. Bolts straight through the rail and body
    -was a nightmare to fit, and mostly permanent.

3. (In progress/testing) mill down a rail riser and build it into the shell.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: M4 Masterkey project.. attaching DE M56 to m4 handguard

I have no carry handles or any spare parts like that unfortunately..
      I'll have a look in the garage soon for epoxy, but all I know of that I have is hot glue.
      Not sure if that's suitable. And I don't mind it being permanent anyway, as long as the damn thing won't fall off when I attempt to rack back the shotgun slide.
      But I certainly have lots of crappy tac rails left from one of my crappy old DE guns.
      The rails are plastic, though.
      Not sure what to do here..
      The methods you suggest involve using parts I just don't have and I want to do this with parts that I have lying around.
      Any other ways of doing this? Any tutorials anywhere?

Comment

No tutorials, one person i have guided through doing it. But basically afaik we are the only two to attempt it, and the bolted on solution was the only working solution, but lugging a nigh on 7kg gun is quite hard.
        Hot glue is nowhere near strong enough.

I initially hoped for an easy answer, but there really isnt one.
        When you do try to make it, ensure that the back of the shotgun is resting on the magwell. Otherwise itll come straight off.
        The first one couldnt take any sideways force.
        The second was great until the shotgun broke.
        Its not an easy project.

Comment

I think I recall having a few old scope mounts
          Plastic again
          PLASTIC EVERYTHING
          The best idea I can think of is to attach a rail to both the casing of the shotgun and the handguard and then drill a screw straight through them all.
          I also have a few of those metal plate thingies that attach to the rails for whatever reason, not sure if these would be handy
          I need another look around and need more ideas
          Need more suggestions that doesn't involve me spending money

Comment

Screw the main body / casing to the handguard of the M4. Done.
            That was attempt #2

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              Screw the main body / casing to the handguard of the M4. Done.
              That was attempt #2
              Thats a good idea. Problem is, there is little to no space beneath the casing, so getting a bunch of screws to fit securely in there is a tricky job.
              I've stripped down that shotgun loads and there seems to be a really tight space between all the internal components and outer casing.
              It's an idea I'm willing to consider, I'm just not totally sure how well it will all be shoved together.

Comment

There is a mm or so, enough for screw heads

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                  There is a mm or so, enough for screw heads
                  Will probs try this next week then

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jakeno Find out more about jakeno
                  Working...
                  X