The Fabled TM Hop Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fabled TM Hop Rubber

Now, 9/10 when someone asks for hop rubber advice, the answer comes back as gets TM rubber.

But I'd like to know if everyone's experience is the same as mine, and if so, why do people still recommend them?

Across 10-15 different TM weapons, from pistols, to aegs, I have never got a TM hop rubber to over hop to effect.

What I mean is, with all my guns I want the round to travel straight and level, and at the end flick up slightly, just for that last second of flight time. No TM rubber I have had has been able to do this.

Every time I've used one of their rubbers, it will always travel in a slight arc. Putting on more hop means that although the round travels further, it's nearly a mortar effect, with the round elevating slightly out of the barrel, then arcing towards the ground. I can never get a shot to travel flat, or flick up at the end. It's always that arc, and the height of the arc that changes.

I'm not knocking TM goods and saying they're rubbish etc etc. I'd just like to know of this experience is the same for anyone else, as I've had it across such a wide array of their stuff!

Re: The Fabled TM Hop Rubber

I have a TM hop rubber in my VFC scar and it works great and BB's do travel nice and flat with a slight flick upward after about 40 meters (roughly). Have you tried different nubs with the hop rubber? Might help.
    I have also had good results with prometheus purple hop rubbers.
    Originally posted by Hawk
    The P word again! You should say your love for airsoft 3 times and a holy Tokio Marui

Comment

The Fabled TM Hop Rubber

Sorry I probably put this in the wrong section but I don't actually have any not working guns or a problem to fix. Was just wondering if it was just me!

Comment

Yes its you lol!

In my G36k recoil, i swapped the TM rubber for a Madbull shark and bucking. Never shot the same, it was always all over the place and not to my liking. Stuck the tm rubber back in, still not great really, changed the bucking, bang perfect. So tried the madbull rubber again with the tm bucking, no, shit again!

All my pistols run stock tm rubbers and i run .3's in the IPSC ones and .25's in the skirmish platform. All are not full on, although the IPSC ones are close to it. but i get a perfect straight flight path.

maybe you have the touch of doom Ben? lol

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I probably do. I use CYMA buckings in mine, outshot every TM it's been up against!

Comment

I've heard JG ones are just as good to be honest. Heard it from some guy on here...
            TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi14 View Post
              I've heard JG ones are just as good to be honest. Heard it from some guy on here...
              The irony being your sig says "TM > JG" XD

Comment

Originally posted by iambarkster View Post
                The irony being your sig says "TM > JG" XD
                TM = JG is more correct. It must be true as a tech on here said so.
                JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

At FPS up to 350 with 25s, TM rubbers are still basically the best option there is.

Although they perform best inside actual TM hopup chambers with TM nubs - sometimes mixing TM rubbers with other nubs and chambers gives odd results.

Comment

PDI W-Hold best rubber I think, it's pretty much identical to the firefly which I'm sure everybody has heard about.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
                      PDI W-Hold best rubber I think, it's pretty much identical to the firefly which I'm sure everybody has heard about.
                      As he said I use PDI W-HOLD hop rubber in every gun now, and I use to use tm rubbers all time. Although there not same as fire fly

Comment

my TM p90 and thompson are both standard hop's and both can over hop 0.25 and both are over 10 years old , the p90 has had probably a hundred thousand rounds put through it in around 14 years and the TM rubber still seals and works perfectly , just cant fault that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Working...
                        X