Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M249 PIP Gas Regulator Build/Conversion Help

Hi folks,

Anyone got any idea of a technique to turn a regular 249 sight block from something like this:

To the newer PIP version that is much more rounded on the body and is simply a tube looking thing in front:

Just to make things harder, I like having the front iron sight and the two sights and sight blocks I'm hoarding are both A&K so the fit is a bit random and I don't think these front sights may necessarily fit another sight block.

Anyone any thoughts and/or the means of how to do this?

Just think it'll finish my 249 PIP off and give it a bit more authenticity but you have to admit you won't see many of these around (still need a g&p mk46 top cover for the rail):

And the real one for comparison:

Re: M249 PIP Gas Regulator Build/Conversion Help

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET A GOD DAMN FABRIQUE NATIONALE Mk46/Mk48 BIPOD FROM!
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Originally posted by Stones View Post
      WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GET A GOD DAMN FABRIQUE NATIONALE Mk46/Mk48 BIPOD FROM!
      At a guess fella probably off a auction site as there was a guy selling 8 of them, I have 1 too. They are wicked bipods and dont know why countries dont all change over to them.

As for the op, i would say remove it and take it and the picture along to a engineering place and see if they can make a basic version. Either that or round off the bottom section of your gas block then get a aluminium bar same width, lathe down a section the length and width of the hole in the gas reg. Drill and thread the body end of the bar and make a cap the width of the part that locates onto the body with a thread to fit into the end of the bar. Then for the front part just drill a hole and then round the edges off. Finish off by smoothing off or filling any gaps then just spray it silver.

Comment

mikey, stop stealing all the gucci kit! i damn want one!
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

Actually, could you post up a close up picture of your existing gas reg with out the regulator adjuster, like how you have it in the picture above as may have an easier solution.

Comment

Comment

The build progresses:

Comment

hello
                still looking for a real steel gasblock?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostofGreen "What's that Mr Flibble?...No we couldn't do that, who'd clean up the mess?" Find out more about GhostofGreen
                Working...
                X