Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Dual HIGH CAP GAS MAG for WE open bolt GBBR - PIC HEAVY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dual HIGH CAP GAS MAG for WE open bolt GBBR - PIC HEAVY!

Thanks very much. Sure you could easily just use a lonex. The H&K mag mod was the real hassle. If you look at the top of the thread, the first pic is my mk1 setup based on a cheap and nasty battleaxe mag. The key is buying the right kind of spring to use as the bb feed tube. This is the one I used:

http://www.strutsdirect.co.uk/produc...s-tl508-p-2106

You get a really long length but the price is right and its the perfect diameter.

If you already have the HPA rig then you've already got the most expensive bit. Just pick out a second hand mag in the forums making sure its open or closed bolt depending on what you have.

VERY IMPORTANT!
    Do not under any circumstances do this mod on a Gen1 we mag. The Gen2's are much more reliable and safer for this purpose. You will have it under approx 60psi of pressure which is a lot to have right next to your face.

Comment

Impressive work. Now build a drum mag please :D

Comment

Im personally loving HPA GBBR's at the moment, ive had one of Alyan Airsoft's WE HPA m4 Mags for a while now and ive also converted a few Gen 1 WE mags to single mag HPA High caps in a very similar way that Alyan does his.
        I was asked by a friend to do a GHK G5 mag and turn that in to a hicap HPA mag, which i've just finished:

www.ssj2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/feed.mp4

Awesome for when you cant be bothered to carry a load of mags around!
        . .

Comment

Wow that magazine is pretty awesome how did you do that? What type of top for that magazine is that? Would you be able to do a guide by any chance? Edit: Nevermind got it. Doing that w/ a scar magazine would be awesome.

Comment

Here's by far the best option I've seen:

Alyan Airsoft latsest version lets you run a HPA line through the grip instead of the mag and even works with AEG mags. P* eat your heart out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaWfYVDAkoQ

Will be getting him to do this to my SCAR when funds allow. That, and have a local shop R-hop it for some insane range.
            Just finished my masters in architecture and dug out all my gear for the first time in months. Still shoots like a dream and glad I had the foresight to lube all the mags, seals and store things properly.

Next game will be brutal :D

Comment

For people who find this thread I've just summarised the options available to you:

1) Dual mag - CO2 or green gas mag, mag clamp and use an AEG mag to feed.

2) Single mag - AEG guts under CO2 mag in same housing. Much lighter, slimmer but you have less space for beebs so limited capacity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3f0...InlmbjVF1IDbAw

3) Drum mag
              - auto winding, approx 2300 rnd capacity but rechargeable battery will only last you about 2-3 mags.

Drum mag review:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMrmPNMfRiA

4) Alternative to Polar Star - This setup runs the gas line directly to the SCAR through the grip and uses AEG mags. I'm going to be investing in this one as it is by far the most developed option. Its a drop-in kit and can be removed to go back to stock configuration so will not destroy your scar.

Part1:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3GkR8Tx8E

Part 2:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaWfYVDAkoQ

All of the custom mags for WE SCAR/M4/PDW are available from here:

http://www.alyanairsoft.com/

He has a facebook page too and replies pretty quickly to queries.

IMPORTANT! - You are probably already aware but not all HPA systems are the same. I run mine from a 3000psi HPA tank with a standard bottle reg (as most have) which dials the output down to 800 psi. I then use the firebase regulator (same as is used for polarstar) to bring that down to around 60psi so it doesn't destroy the gun. This still fires at around 350fps with 0.25g beebs.

HPA mags based on CO2 mags are different and work at different pressures I dont know if you need a different red so make sure you ask the questions as it could be an expensive mistake.

Someone on here will know more about it so let us know what setup you have if your system is based on a CO2 mag. (and where you can get the parts too)

Comment

Great build! So did you pull the barrel that switches from single to double feed out of an old battleaxe mag? If so could you link to the battleaxe mag itself?

Comment

Sorry no, it's just an old aeg barrel I cut and shaped so it could sit in the BB channel of the WE mag. The battle axe mag was just the cheapest standard aeg mag I could find at the time. Much better to just spend a few extra quid and get a Lonex from fleabay.

Comment

So could you talk a little bit about that mod. Or even show a tutorial for how to make that piece. I get the general idea but I'm confused on some details. Like how did you cut the barrel? What is the exact length of that piece? What is the distance from the uncut end to the angle? I have a we scar and have hpa tapped it but 30 rounds at a time is no good. I have all the other parts (lonex, real steel mag, even extra barrels) but I'm still confused about the piece that converts it to double stack. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Unfortunately my scar and the magazine are with my local gun tech having it r-hopped so I cant give you any measurements. There is however a video of a similar mod with the guy taking it apart. you can skip to 5 minutes in:

As for cutting the barrel you have to clamp it in a vice and use a hacksaw to cut a channel down the middle from one end. (only way to do it without a milling machine or bandsaw) You have to do this first before bending it or you will kink the barrel and reduce the internal diameter causing a blockage. After you have the cut, gently bend the feed lips to the required angle (just eyeball it). What you want is for the the two sides to widen gradually so you end up feeding from single to double stack. The brass inner barrel will have some spring to it but the more you bend it the more the metal will fatigue. Too much and it will become brittle - the metals fairly soft so shouldn't be a problem unless you change the bend several times. Just bend a little, check angle and repeat.

The feed lip on the inside of the bend will have a smaller radius and you can bend this pretty much at the bottom of the channel. The feed lip on the the outside of the bend will need a larger radius and so a more gently bend to avoid kinking. I did this with bull nose pliers further away from the channel. You can see the difference in curves in the pics.

Before I forget - you have to file, sand and tidy up the cut before you do any bending and during the process. The pliers will probably mark and nick the inside of the feed lips so you want to get everything nice and smooth. You will also have to sand down either side of the feed lips so that they slide into the magazine chamber of the WE magazine. You could do this before the cutting and bending but it means you have to be very careful to keep things in line. I cut first, kept things as straight as I could and sanded the sides last making everything flush.

I dont know when I'm going to be getting my scar back - tech is up to his eyeballs but I know I'll have it ready for the next game date in two weeks. What I'll do then is take a magazine apart and use it to make a 1:1 template you can print out in A4.

Then its just a case of bending, lay on top print to check etc. Been meaning to do this for the tap position too. As you probably know, theres only a few places you can actually tap into the mag depending on what model and gen mag you have.

Comment

scar bullpup.jpg

Time to revive this thread! Am now working on a bullpup conversion for the scar which will involve modifying the HPA system to let me run AEG mags in a similar configuration to the alyan airsoft setup. But as I'm moving the grip I'll need to find somewhere to run the airline. Early days yet but its looking promising.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...CONVERSION-O_o

Comment

Have figured out the travel on the trigger and the link plate I'll need. This setup uses all of the existing fixing points on the scar. I'll have to make the trigger section RIS mountable at the front with the back bolted straight through the RIS rail.

Now for the fun bit:
                          The bold yellow section is the top of a Green gas mag. Alyan Airsoft was kind enought to send me the prototype he used to prove the concept in his youtube vid:

I'm hoping to retain the bolt stop function so I'll be running the airline forwards and down through the grip.o

I'm looking into using a similar system found in PTW's which simulate a realistic bolt stop function once the magazine runs dry. It does this with a sensor and a latch on the PTW magazines. The difference is that I'll need to turn this electrical signal into a mechanical output to manually operate the bolt stop. Some kind of micro servo mabe? Open to suggestions.

Comment

A big thankyou to Alyan Airsoft for sending me this part:

An making this possible:

Comment

Got her running consistently at 500fps on .2s
                              Pushed it to 560fps but wouldn't want to go much higher :p
                              Now that the platform is stable it's time to bullpup it

Internals:

RATECH - Trigger set, Valve striker,
                              Steel bolt&carrier, NPAS (bored out high flow)
                              ANGRY GUN Rapid Fire Kit
                              TSC - Reinforced hinge plate
                              Prometheus 6.03 650mm R-hop
                              Custom HPA Dual mag
                              Redline Firebase Reg running at 80psi.

Comment

Sneak peek of the HPA insert for the SCAR bullpup project:

Will need the catch position on the mag to be slightly altered for the TM recoil mag to work. Alternatively looking at changing the design to suit a Magpul ERG magazine. These can be converted from 30-60 round by flicking a switch, and still have a latch I can use to engage the bolt catch.

Next step is to have a prototype machined to see where the problems are.
                                Last edited by Polarblair; 26 October, 2015, 22:51.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Polarblair Find out more about Polarblair
                                Working...
                                X