Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS SA80 modding help please

Hi guys,

I have an SA80 and am planning to mod it afghan spec, my version is ICS AEG, i have a few questions hoping i can get some guidance on here. I recently took delivery of a real steel daniel defence RIS and i'm wondering how to get it attached as it seems if i had any other make it would be a lot easier....the lower part of the foresight that wraps around the barrel is too wide to get it on so i guess i'm going to have to file it, i'm looking for advice from someone that has actually fitted one, or knows definately how to do it.

Also ive read that i will still need the adapter that is used when fitting the airsoft replica?

Couple of other things i'm going to be replacing the flash hider but ive gone to unscrew the current one and got a lot of resistance, don't want to damage it but to confirm does it just unscrew in a counter clockwise manner and can i just give it some force without worrying?

Also i'm missing the sling loop and screw for the DD as the ics is a replica version, where can i source one that will fit, and i'm also missing the rear fixing screw for the DD, will this matter?

Lots of questions but thanks in anticipation of your help

Cheers

Re: ICS SA80 modding help please

I had real one and considered filing the gas block mounting thingy but decided against it and bought a madbul one by selling the real one. similar quality and i wasn't disappointed.

i remember the flashider came off pretty easily and it was CCW i believe.
    For the sling loop i just made my own bolt and nut combo so that there wasn't a bar going through the middle of the RIS so i could fit many different batteries in it.

Also you may consider filing the hop arm at an angle to compensate for the odd angle it rests at because the increase decrease arm is only on one side.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Man0waR Find out more about Man0waR
    Working...
    X