Laser "In" Silencer Mod!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser "In" Silencer Mod!

"Putting a laser inside a silencer" mod.

I always wanted to try this, and it worked. Took about four hours to complete but it was soo worth it. The mod cost around £20 to do....oh yeah! The laser sits just 10mm underneath the barrel, and is now in perfect line with the trajectory of the BB's. In fact, most of the time the laser hits the back of the BB whilst they're flying through the air, kinda like a tracer that only you can see. Your target can't see the illuminated balls because the laser only hits the back of the BB's during flight.

The gun is an ICS MP5 SD6, the version with the thick silencer as standard. I think it would only work in a silencer of this size, but feel free to experiment.

The green laser unit came from a pen you can buy on Ebay for £8.50. All you need is the laser end of it. You'll also need 4 AAA single battery holders, some very fine insulated wire, electrical tape and a soldering iron. An optional extra would be a laser/tourch pressure switch, if not a micro on/off switch or a male/female mini connector of some type. I went with the pressure switch, much more effective. You can get them off Ebay for around £8.

The battery holders need to be wired like they would have been when in the pen, in series, so keep an eye on the batteries polarity. Also, remember to superglue the push button on the laser unit down permenantly, you want to be able to turn it on from elswhere. There is a reason why I used 4 batteries instead of the 2 that would have normally powered the laser from inside the pen. The distance the power has to travel to get to the switch and back reduces the laser's strength. 4 batteries provide 4.8 volts, which is just what you need for quickly powering up of the laser for fast target aquasitioning.

I fed two wires from the silencer through the front end of the gun and into the battery compartment, tricky but it can be done without drilling. These are used to break/connect the circuit, via an on/off switch or pressure switch.

Inside the silencer there is a mesh type barrel, I threw this away. There is also a piece of round foam, take this out as well.

The silencer's lip needed a small hole drilled in it to let the laser light through. I placed the hole at the bottom of the silencer for a reason, BB's drop after a short distance so they hit the stream which is cool. I superglued the laser unit in place once it was in line with the hole I drilled.

NOTE: The silencer on SD6's do not have a barrel up the middle of them, the ICS copper barrel stops at the gun end of the silencer. In order to ensure anything I put in the silencer (AAA holders and wires) do not interfer with the flying BB's, I had an extended barrel fitted that comes right up to the tip of the silencer. If you do not intend to get a new longer barrel fitted, this mod may not work for you. I would recommend the extended barrel, as it adds to accuracy and range. Especially if you get a tightbore 6.03 fitted.

Any questions let me know. Happy moding!!

Danny

Re: Laser "In" Silencer Mod!

Really Good Idea, I've tried this on the 36C' if you actually take a laser apart you'll seee that there is loads of wasted space around the "body" of it, so i just took it off!
    To the man who would be king, I will say only one thing

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DannyDee An airsofter from Northern Ireland Find out more about DannyDee
    Working...
    X