Collapse

Building a TKB-022PM (Ruski-bullpup!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Building a TKB-022PM (Ruski-bullpup!)

the other option is to have it gravity fed with use of a famas gear box. place it upside down and set back from the trigger area so the motor would sit under the rear sight. then could make a reservoir just infront to come down to the hop up unit also placed upside down. then have the mag at the back just for show. yes the gravity feed isn't great, but will work.

Comment

The number of BB's in the feed tube did concern me for safety (as well as bb wastage!)

I hoped to add a rubber ring to the mag release nozzle, like the madbul 3in1's have, just to stop BB's falling out. Then in theory, I can clear my breech and as long as the rifle isn't fired upside down (or turned upside down before firing) it should be safe. Regardless, I planned on carrying a muzzle!

As the Chinglish Owner's manuals always say: "Safty Frist!"

Also, with regards to a gravity fed hop, I had concidered it in the current project, as I can shorten the feed length if the AK hop unit was turned upside down AND it'll feed downwards too... a win win... But the front screw of the GB says NO, by getting in the way, I am not too keen to cut it off (even if it can survive without it) until I am certain the project will work.

- - - Updated - - -

Update!

I just tested the rifle with the hop unit turned upside down... Of course I am not getting any range (will need to do some magic on it) but IT FEEDS, and FEEDS ON FULL AUTO reliably, with the same length tubing.... which it no longer needs so long!

I feel a step closer to my goal. :D hurrah!
      sigpic

Comment

Subscribed to this thread as I am interested in your progress

Comment

Today's update:

TKB_1.jpgTKB_2.jpgTKB_Chrono.jpg

Well. Happened to be near a nice Coopers hardware and garden store today! Found some mending panels to use as structural support... so the gun is one piece rather than a back and front!

Really happy so far. I toyed with using an AUG hop unit for a while but realised that the AK hop is easiest to use! The Front screw of the GB has been sawn off to allow room for the hop unit to sit more flush.

Some of it is still held together with tape (most tape you can see I just haven't bothered to remove)... parts like the hop unit are not secured as of yet... but I am sure I'll design some way of securing it when I finally get around to encasing it!

The hop unit is now FIXED.... so seeing as I was doing that I thought I may as well R-Hop it! xD Doing 200-230 fps and it's over hopping like mad on 0.2g's! Gonna tune it down, but hell this will actually perform! Hurrah!

You can see the next steps of my project in one of the photos. Only once I am happy with the internals am I going to move along...
          sigpic

Comment

Is the FPS simply down to having literally no barrel - or do you just have a rather naff spring in there atm? :P
            230 is fine with a well r-hopped gun I'm sure, but around the 300 mark will make things much easier for actually getting to your target without them matrix dodging the lot

Comment

Call me an idiot if you like... but how does a hop that is upside down work... Surely it just spins the bbs into the floor or into the floor even faster?

Comment

Obviously, you'd have to modify the hop unit to allow it to work the other way up, id suggest maybe a simple screw adjusted hop?
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I have tested the air seal(s) and such. It may well be the shorter barrel, but I think the spring is a bit on the naffer side. Doesn't bother me, I run/play on a CQB-Urban site.

Also, Pepperisit, I literally removed the barrel + hop, took off the hop adjuster and nub, placed an R-Hop patch on the hop rubber where the window is and pushed it back into the hop unit, only this time upside down! The R-Hop patch is basically the fixed nub.

Also, the FPS might be 30-40 under due to over hop? more hop in barrel than I quite liked!
                  Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 19 March, 2014, 01:03.
                  sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
                  Working...
                  X