Franken Gun's Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franken Gun's Monster

I can't say yet as it's a surprise ,a big nasty surprise , a ver 7 gearbox , an AK hop , m4 magazines , ive taken spare parts from the graveyard of guns ,melded them with bicycle parts and an old trampoline under the lightning of the mig welder it is being given life , mwaha mwahaha ha he giggle giggle 'Igor more lipo's it need's more lipo's................and maybe some blood.

- - - Updated - - -

Re: Franken Gun's Monster

well it's out of the bag now so .............

still a lot to do , shields need fitting ,lost of do dat's to fit and some paint etc , it based on a German WW2 Flak 38 20mm anti aircraft gun. it's basically a functioning prop to be used in WW2 airsoft games .anybody can just jump behind it , fed by 100 rnd mid caps and with a super low ROF it's not meant to be invincible .....just scary.

Comment

this one is to have it's maiden outing at a non profit game held in the benefit of "Help for Hero's " , it's an entry level event where look alike kit is perfect , if you only have a modern gun then a bit of scrim to cover it up and take the optic's off and it's fine ,od kit is fine but no camo unless it's period or flectarn for German ,so if you have a hankering to try WW2 airsoft why not have a look at http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/php...?f=257&t=17656

Comment

Comment

100 round midcaps? Just kinda seems to defeat the point of having an awesome cannon looking thing if it fires slower than an average aeg and has the same size mags...
          It should run off high caps and be an ultra high speed set up, then there is actually an advantage to securing it!
          Unless I missed something?

P.S. It looks like really good work though

Comment

Unless its meant for realism.

Comment

I suppose if everyone else in the game is running on realistic ammo counts (lowcaps) then I retract my statement

Comment

most WW2 games have an ammo limit of 100 - 300 rounds per life so letting go on full auto is just not an option unless thing's are desperate ,so this will have a higher ammo limit of between 500 and 2000 rounds ,this gives it a huge advantage but it is not meant to be invincible .the real gun was by no means high ROF there's one used in saving private Ryan if you want a reference for how it fired .
                detail's of the trigger , this gun should be fired by a foot pedal and aimed by two hand wheel's ,obviously we haven't done that but we felt that it needed something more substantial than a tiny trigger so it's fired by pulling back the handle on the side.

Comment

Holy cow that's awesome. There's enough room on there for some sort of sound generating device!

Comment

Now I understand, It is awesome yes the real one fire slower than the handhelds of the time but the projectiles also did a darn sight more damage! Whereas this still fires 1 bb at a time

Comment

I don't think you understand why people play WW2 Airsoft. It's not about who's got the fastest sewing machine with 3rd burst, it's about props and settings!

Now to make a Flak Dadio? One that fires about 1,000 bbs up into the air to drop on people!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                        Holy cow that's awesome. There's enough room on there for some sort of sound generating device!
                        i've seen people attempt a sound system ,the mg42 i built for a customer was built with a switching system to use with a sound system ,i never though it would work very well and he found the sound clashed with the mechanical sound from the gun ,last a heard he was experimenting with a pickup to amplify the gun itself , i can make em smoke and flash but i've never found a sound effect i'd use .
                        it's all MFI flat packed in the back of my car to go back to the other guy building it , he's going to paint it and add a few more doo dads to it ,all i now need to do is a flash hider and a short barrel shroud.

Comment

a few bit's done by the other builder involved .fake magazine in comparison to an M4 mag and additional parts fitted to the shield's and turret ,i've seen it partially painted today and it just makes me laugh every time i think of it .

i've also made up a flash hider so pictures soon of that.

Comment

looks great fella.
                            The one thing that worries me though is the fact that the handles are wood, I can see them been broken very easily.
                            keeping cost at an all low have you thought of trying the scrappy in Guildford or the one behind Wickes in Farnborough (not sure if still there). As I have seen now and then handles/turning wheels from things like lathes and mills etc that would be stronger and possibly add to the feel.

Comment

the handles are non functioning details ,they'r made of MDF and are pretty strong really,I've just profiled them on the lath to make them look better so the wheels are rounded on the outer edges and the handles are more of a convex shape .i guess if they break then we can replace them at a later date .i'm looking forward to it's first outing on the 3rd of May and later in the year the German side will finally have a weapon to take out the armoured vehicles that the American contingent have ,they have this armoured jeep that's just awesome .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                              Working...
                              X