Russian Optic Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Optic Discussion

There seems to be a thread pop up every now and then asking about different Russian scopes, so thought I'd create a place to have questions answered for everyone, including my own.

Decided to bite the bullet and get myself a real Russian optic for my SVD when it arrives.

So to have the first questions answered:

1. Mounting a real optic on a CYMA SVD rail. How solid a fit is it?

2. POSP or PSO-1 which do people find better?

3. Genuine Russian from Russia, at about £250, or 'kalinka' at about £150?

Re: Russian Optic Discussion

I've also bit the bullet by getting a PK-01V for my AK's. Still waiting for it as I hear it's just been cleared from export in Russia.

I can't answer any of your questions unfortunately, but I'm subscribing to the thread to see what people have to say.

I would think that kalinka would carry the exact same optics as the genuine Russian sites, but isn't there a charge on exporting optics from the USA? Or does this just apply to EOTechs and the alike?

Comment

As far as I can tell from googling, Kalinka are a reproduction company. So rather than carrying a stock of genuine military scopes, they have reproduced them, al be it to a high standard, not your typical ACM standard.

I could be wrong though, it's not a very well documented area!

Comment

I've gone with second hand Belarussian stuff in the past and I find them to be excellent in quality, and they came in at much cheaper as well. Might be worth looking into.

I know on Real Steel forums many reccomend Kalinka Optics, so I'm sure they would be good enough for airsoft!

Comment

Yeah from what I can find the Kalinka stuff is made in Belarus. That's only forum talk though. And for every recommendation I can find someone knocking it as well. Still, £100 cheaper than the real thing nearly

Comment

The popular opinion among my friends is that PSO-1's are higher quality than POSP scopes. And some of them praised the Romanian LPS TIP2 scope for being "east block enough" and having a really good price / quality ratio.

I myself have a PKS-07 (haven't skirmished with it yet) and a PK-01VI. First one bought second hand, second from a well known auction site. So if anybody has any questions regarding these I will be happy to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
              The popular opinion among my friends is that PSO-1's are higher quality than POSP scopes. And some of them praised the Romanian LPS TIP2 scope for being "east block enough" and having a really good price / quality ratio.

I myself have a PKS-07 (haven't skirmished with it yet) and a PK-01VI. First one bought second hand, second from a well known auction site. So if anybody has any questions regarding these I will be happy to answer them.
              Kaz, how do you find the PK-01VI? I'm guessing that it's similar to my PK-01V that's on the way but with a different mount as it has a slightly higher sitting point? As the PK-01V is a cowitness sight. I assume this is the one.

Comment

To be honest it's OK :-) The quality doesn't stand that much out comparing to PK-A or PK-23 (other Russian/Belarussian red dots I've owned), but it does it's job. Out of the box the VI comes with just a (slightly bizarre) RIS mount, but I've purchased different scope rings and a weaver side mount. Due the weaver mount it sits higher than most scopes, but I prefer it that way because of the helmet I'm sometimes using. It would be impossible to use anything located even slightly lower due to the face shield.

(That's not me on the picture, but the gear is indeed mine)

The only thing I could complain about is that the surface paint gets quite easily scratched. I don't mean the paint goes fully off, but the slight scratching marks are permanent, which was a slight disappointment. So if somebody doesn't have a hard-on for this particular red dot I would probably recommend PK-A more, as cheaper and being more robust optic. Or PK-01V, which you purchased, which also has a reasonable price and you can always change the way the scope mounts if you don't like it not being co-witnessed. But don't get me wrong - I'm quite happy with my purchase and would again do the same if I had to choose again.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll have to see what mine is like when I get it. I'll also have to get a few more red dots when the time comes, as I wouldn't mind being able to change them up now and again, or even own one for each AK. But hey, these things are expensive.

I do have a question however, I've heard that these RS Russian optics can handle a beating, and by a beating I mean BB impact, do you know if this is true?

Comment

No idea. I didn't shoot the glass on purpose, nor haven't I seen it accidentally being hit by a BB. Just to be safe I'm using a polarizing filter on mine, which came with the red dot. I know the filters aren't best protection (other thread on this forum mentioned camera filters not being BB-proof), but using that still makes me feel better It also hides the glare of the glass well on the receiving end.

Comment

Ah, I'll probably use it then if mine comes with one. Thanks for clearing that up

Comment

I really want a PK-A or PK-01

Comment

Russian Optic Discussion

Originally posted by Kaz View Post
                          I'll have a look around for those then.

In terms of PSO-1s, how does real swords offering stack up against the real thing?

Comment

Kalinka do do optics for real rifles, while they arent 'Authentic', theyre just as good. i was pointed at them in my KOBRA search more than once.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeah. They do have a lot of models. But as I go through my search, a POSP from them will set me bak £175 before customs have it when it gets here. Whilst the real sword PSO-1 can be had within the uk for £230, so may end up costing the same in the end

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X