Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Ztactical sordins problem (switching self off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ztactical sordins problem (switching self off)

Alright chaps.

These receive comms perfectly, noise cancellation works as it should, I press the PTT in to communicate with team, works absolutely fine until I release the PTT....then they switch themselves off........any ideas? Or similar problems?

Cheers
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: Ztactical sordins problem (switching self off)

Sounds like one of the ptt terminals are shorting against the on/off circuit. You might have to pop them open and have a little look on the circuit board for corrosion.
    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
    Life in the fast lane........
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm... Possibly, I could try take a look after. Cheers

Anyone else have any ideas?
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I would agree with the suggestion above. Sounds like something is shorting. In my experience these Z-tactical PTTs are poorly manufactured. I've had 2 PTTs that have had wiring issues.

Comment

So what exactly am I looking for inside? Burn marks or marked PCB? Never looked inside one before.

Comment

What type of PTT is it? Some don't have a PCB.

Comment

It's a ztactical u94

Comment

Good news is that this type doesnt have a PCB. It's basically the wires that go to the radio plug wired to the headset jack by way of a simple switch, something like this (this is the midland version I believe):
                U94%u0025252520PTT%252520Original.jpg

You are looking for corrosion around the contacts and soldering, loose connections/broken solder etc. As I said above, I've opened up a couple of these and they were both soldered piss poorly inside.

Comment

Tip top. I'll open it up after work. Thanks man

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                  Working...
                  X