LiPo Should i use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LiPo Should i use it?

I accidentally squashed the 3 balancing wires on my Lipo battery this has left the plastic coating on each wire severed but all said wires are intact.
    I have never used this type of battery before. All looks good when connected to a charger. Do you think this will affect it in any way?

Re: LiPo Should i use it?

As long as none of the following have occurred or are available I believe you should be good.

1. Bare wires are exposed.
    2. The battery has "puffed up".
    3. The battery has a sweet smell to it (its electrolyte that you would be smelling).

Personally if none of the above apply, I'd wrap some electrical tape round the damaged areas to be sure and use it. However, test plug it in and make sure it is sound, no smoke etc.
    "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

I put some electrical tape round each wire straight away. Everything else looks good. Dont want it catching fire in the LiPo bag. Cheers

Comment

If it puts your mind at rest mate, when I was soldering deans adapters on my LiPos a "helpful" friend decided he would chop the tamiya off a brand new battery for me so it was ready to go. Unfortunately the nugget chopped both wires at the same time, thus shorting the battery. It smoked a bit and gave off a sweet smell so I did some research on it and ended up putting it in the COSH waste at work.

I generally charge mine in a LiPo bag inside a pyrex bowl just incase anything untoward happens and don't leave it charging unattended.
        "If you pick the wrong fight, make sure you picked the right weapon"

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
          If it puts your mind at rest mate, when I was soldering deans adapters on my LiPos a "helpful" friend decided he would chop the tamiya off a brand new battery for me so it was ready to go. Unfortunately the nugget chopped both wires at the same time, thus shorting the battery. It smoked a bit and gave off a sweet smell so I did some research on it and ended up putting it in the COSH waste at work.

I generally charge mine in a LiPo bag inside a pyrex bowl just incase anything untoward happens and don't leave it charging unattended.
          TBH i am also worried it will not balance/charge properly and the life of the battery wont be great etc. We will see.

Comment

Pop a new connector and some heat shrink on it to make sure?
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BaggyBizzle Find out more about BaggyBizzle
            Working...
            X