'DIY' HK417 mag pouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'DIY' HK417 mag pouch

Alright so in short I got my 417 with 7 mids and 6 open top mag pouches, however the mag pouches are for the more common m14/sr25/scar-h mag type. Now a 417 mag WILL fit however it is near impossible to pull it out with one hand and/or in a hurry (e.g. when you reload) let alone getting it in the first place.

So in my desire to not buy silly overpriced 417 pouches i present my simple 'guide' (although pretty self explanatory from the pics i hope!) to modify a Warrior Assault Systems (WAS) 7.62 x 51mm Open Short Mag Pouch to accept 417 mags easily !

You will need:
    really sharp scissors or a knife,
    a lighter; to burn threads,
    at least one mag pouch!
    additional bungee cord.

**Sorry for the image sizes, trying to amend sizes after post **

Remove the bungee cord from the pouch

Cut the sides of the pouch off ALONG the seams, and burn the loose threads

Re-lace the bungee cord
    Front

Rear

Tie off the ends of the cord, now the mag is easily inserted and removed. You can adjust tension to suit.

Next step is to re-lace a retention strap (you will need additional cord at this stage, i had 6 pouches, so i was using 2 cords per pouch)

Having finished this i realized that could use a single length of cord (approx 1 meter) to the same affect, so ordered some off ebay (99p a meter).
    The finished article :

Front

Rear

I'm sure there's improvements that could be made, but it does the job and looks the part :D

Re: 'DIY' HK417 mag pouch

That is pretty intuitive.

HSGI make the same thing. Was that your inspiration?

Comment

not wanting to spend more money , i had six pouches no need to buy any more, also they'll still work for 'normal' 7.62 mags. The open sides of taco mags were the influence to have a pop myself! I've tried a few different configurations with lacing the cord and the current one seems effective enough

Comment

Very cool - might want to read forum rules before you spam links to other shops next time though
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jouichirou Find out more about Jouichirou
        Working...
        X