X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imax b6 charging issues

ok this is a complex one.

i have an imax b6 charger
    i have about 4 stick batts (nimh) of varying mah and volts some old some new however all second had
    i have 1 lipo nunchuck batt of about 1450 mah and 7.4 volts (or whatever it is)

i have tried to charge the nimh batteries loads of times on the usual settings i have and the charger just sais full after like 5 mins, and they are still flat as a pancake, i have tried playing with the settings with varying results but usually its never properly charged, i have only just found out there is an auto function of which i have just done and although seemingly charged (for now anyway) its warped the battery like a bannana! This cant be right.

The other issue is the lipo, whenever i charge that it eaither charges seemingly normally then just doesnt work at all when it sais full, or it just sais connection break, however i cant find any issue at least on the surface with the wiring, it all looks fine.

i have just bought another new charger, although seemingly fake its appears to be working and its doing the exact same thing!

im now stuck and dont know what the hell to do!

can anyone cast any light!
    thanks

Re: imax b6 charging issues

Does it say full or does it read CAPA?
    I accidentally switched mine onto a very low capacity cut off limit and the batteries would always cut off in about 5 minutes.
    That maybe why the charger is stopping but the battery is still empty.

Sorry but that's all I have!

Comment

oh! that sounds possible how do you turn it off? it sais full though

Comment

Says. How can you get such a simple word wrong so easily.

Comment

Press "Batt. Type"button until USER SET - Program -> displays
          then cycle through there with the inc button until you get to "Capacity Cut-Off" and make sure it set to OFF

Comment

StargateP90 Thanks so much for the input man! So helpful!

Peppersit, Your a diamond il try that out.

- - - Updated - - -

It was set to on, at 300000 it seemed to say

Comment

still doesnt seem to work, i have no idea whats happneing, the bateries are hot and appear to be charged but are absolutely juiceless.

Comment

if it is set that high I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem. Has turning it off fixed it?

Otherwise I'm afraid I have no ideas

Comment

damn, im all out of ideas then, thanks for all the help though il have to ask some friends to charge the batts

Comment

get some new batteries! that thing could be wired wrong but the likely hood of two of them being wrong is quite small. Saying that, lets take it that its the charging methods, have you put in all the correct info? and try using LiPo Balance in stead of LiPo Charge. see what difference it makes!

But if it is the box, I would charge those batteries in something solid, something that wont mind being blown up!
                    J

Comment

NIMH's
                      when you let batteries run very very low they sulphate and then when they recharge, they barely hold charge and they can warp.

Also, if the battery is properly dead they you will need a battery restorer to bring it back. Most chargers will stop charging if the battery is too far drained. the only other way to bring a battery back without a restorer is to connect it to another battery and leave them for a few days to equalize. this should put enough charge into the bad battery to enable the charger to recognize it and charge it as normal. there is a risk however that you could kill the good battery in doing this.

As for the lipo.

I have 2 B6 chargers. One did the 'connection break' thing and after a bit of research I found out that they occasionally have issues with a bad connection on the balance lead where it connects to the main board in the charger. Unfortunately without taking it apart to fix it there is no way to tell.

The other possibility is that the balance lead has worked its way loose inside the battery. they are only lightly soldered on and the metal taped over
                      I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

thanks allot guys! really helpful! ive now had to buy all new batts!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                        Working...
                        X