VSS Vintorez.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSS Vintorez.

Alright guys and gals, I have plans for a project in the near future, and as the title says its gonna be a VSS Vintorez. Now its surprisingly quite a complecated piece, so unfortunately its not going to be 100% accurate, but close enough for government work as they say.
    I want to keep it a little realistic with the fact the real one was selectable semi/full auto.
    Im looking at basing this around the Beta spetsnaz as that already has the short forgrip and has similar details on the reciever.
    I would use an SVD Dragunov base but from the pictures you will see some differances IE the length of the reciever and differant mag size.

Any help or input would be much appreciated as this is the first major mod project I have ever done in airsoft.
    I know the front end Im going to use some nice aly tube and I might have to adapt the fire selector to be shorter. Im hoping to start this when money improves soon. So keep your eyes peeled on the wanted section as I might be scrounging parts.
    Thanks for reading. Again any input/advice will be well recieved and appreciated. :D
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: VSS Vintorez.

If you get the stockless or folding stock version of the spetz, then take the stock off and replace with an SVD grip from JG SVD, a bit of front end custom work (Bit of metal pipe with silencer foam as barrel spacers etc, then see what happens as the saying goes)

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

Yeah that was kind of what I was thinking, the SVD stock doesnt have the motor housing though does it? The king arms one does I think, but thats mighty expensive indeed.
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

A JG SVD is your best bet for a base. It is a Ak/SVD so the stock is SVD but the reciever is an AK one. Then all that you need is the front end. Much less complicated than trying to fit a KA or anyother SVD stock to a Spetz.

With the front end done right it will look close enough.

Comment

Yeah suppose, its more the mounting of the motor that worries me, but other than that, hi speed(ish) internals running at 350 mes thinks, quite possibly LiPo.

Comment

The JG is electric so the motor will be no probs at all.

And the selector lever is the right size too. The reciver is the closesed I have seen to a VSS, still not perfect though. It has a long inner (which being JG will be a TB as standard). A good base for the project, only problem is it is plastic. It takes AK mags so you can make your own 9x39mm ones.

I hope this goes well, I am tempted to make one now
            Last edited by Abbadon101; 18 April, 2010, 18:04.

Comment

Yeah, its not the first time its been done, also spotted the fact its a 9x39, so mags shouldnt be an issue with it as they are virtually the same size (depth wise) as the AK-74 is 5.45x39. Just requires some plastic fantastic handy work.

Comment

If you use normal AK74 mags and put a plasticard shell with the detail on it it may well work.

The hard part is the front end. I think the rear sight is in the right place on the JG SVD but the front end is very different.

Comment

Its a V3 gearbox so the motor is mounted on the gearbox casing, then you simply take off the normal hand grip and slip on the SVD stock, its been done as a guy i know did it on his when someone broke his folding stock off his spetz.

It will work if you use the JG stock.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

this thread is of high interest to me as i am currently looking at doing the very same thing. Iv been told the JG SVD is the best starting point, then get a wooden furniture kit (essential if your wanting to do this thing right) It seems a bit crude but metal pipe for the barrel, what im stuck on is the black front grip. The only other project iv seen he injection molded it, but i have neither the resources or expertise to do that kind of thing. i'll keep my eyes on this thread!

Originally posted by gijohn2
                    What does every one else do as a support role?
                    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                    shoot lots.

Comment

Plasicard is a good start for the forgrip.

Comment

The way Iv seen was a guy made a plastic skeleton, then built up around that giving the forgrip shape required, The reason why Im not looking at a Druganov is the fact the mags are far too big and there is a big differance in length between the two guns just on the reciever alone.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                        Working...
                        X