Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEG / EBB mechboxes - spring decompression facility

Hey all,

I was of two minds whether to query this here or in the AEG section - Mods, feel free to lock or move this post if necessary!

Is there a definitive list of AEGs / EBBs with an 'easy' spring decompression feature?

The only ones that come to my mind are the following (but I'm probably out of date or mis-informed)...

Marui FAMAS.
    A&K CA33.
    S&T Tavor(s).
    And some obligatory awful Chinasoft guns (I'm looking at you, UM-234 AK47..!)

I'm looking for some mechboxes to play with and try transplanting into different models is all. I've been eying my T21 and P-90 and contemplating the folly of squeezing the former into the latter

Thanks in advance!

Re: AEG / EBB mechboxes - spring decompression facility

Don't most ICS M4s have easy spring decompression via the forward assist?

The G&G/AA L85 series definitely have it via a lever in the magwell.

Comment

One shot on semi auto works for me. I've never really seen the point of anything more complex. Happy to be educated.

Comment

Same. The spring is still inside the gearbox, behind the piston, compressed.

To be honest a single shot or two is probably healthier!

Comment

Thanks for the replies chaps! Much appreciated.

@colinjallen - I'd forgotten about the ICS M4s (probably because I'm not an armalite fan!), and the L85s always seemed overpriced for what they were. However, I will investigate further.

@Figjam & Boo-Sabum Ben - I've never found the single-shot method to be as reliable as I'd like, hence why I'm asking about decompression mechanisms. All of the AEGs / AEPs I've owned have always seemed to randomly cycle on semi between 10% and 50% compression rather than going for a 'full' 100%. I acknowledge that the most 'easy' decompressions can have an adverse effect on the gear timing though.

Comment

If you're guns aren't working properly on semi, they need looking at. It shouldn't start to bring the piston back again at the end of a cycle?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
              If you're guns aren't working properly on semi, they need looking at. It shouldn't start to bring the piston back again at the end of a cycle?
              Hmm... Thanks for the tip. As all of the guns I've used have had the same issue, I'm guessing it's me! Maybe I should stick to single action from now on and forget this electronic voodoo nonsense.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mr_Lemming Find out more about Mr_Lemming
              Working...
              X