Own Gun Project Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Own Gun Project Build

That rocks! Nice work, can't wait to see the final product!

Comment

grips rubbed down ,stained ,oiled and waxed.

Comment

This is just absolutely superb chap.
        I really would like you to enter this in AI's friendly fire competition.

Comment

Into what now ? Anyway this will be out of my hands soon and onto the next .

Comment

AI = Airsoft International magazine
            They have got a section called "Friendly fire" where custom builds can be shown off with the chance to win a £500 spending spree.

Oh! that's a shame, so what you got planned next?

Comment

Two mk2 sten to mk5 conversions followed by a zib 26 to Bren conversion ,I know there's something after that as well but I'd have to look it up. Might be worth looking at AI magazine competition but that's going to be won by an m4 with an as yet unseen ris ,painted in desert camo and run by an artificial intelligent computer surely .

Comment

Hi. I would be 'the customer' for this gun. I totally agree that Dadio should enter it into the competition. I have been following what Dadio has been up to on the ww2 airsoft forums and have been amazed by what he has been doing. When I asked for someone willing to make me an Owen gun, I would never have dreamed I would get something this awesome. I cannot wait to get my hands on it

With regard to the colour scheme, yes I am aware that many Owen guns were given what is probably one of the 1st ever camo paint jobs on a firearm. However its quite a colourful camo and with a gun considered ugly enough by many, I felt that may be taking it a bit far.

The performance of the Owen was not so much due to the vertical mag. Unlike the Sten, the Owen has a separate section of the main tubing for the bolt, with a bulkhead separating the cocking handle. Most cases of Sten's jamming were due to dirt getting to the bolt via the cocking handle slot, this could not happen on an Owen gun. In addition part of the ejection mechanism was built into the mags, this apparently helped prevent the build up of debris when the gun was in use. The main reason that the vertical mag well worked so well is that it allowed easy reloading whilst prone, like the Sten, but without the magazine catching on vegetation. A side loading magazine would have been annoying to use in heavy jungle vegetation.

This is me, making do with a Sten

Comment

OK well with the owners endorsement the Owen is being entered into the "Friendly fire" competition in AI magazine ,so watch out M4 massive there's an ugly little brute from down under coming to steal your thunder !

Comment

Simply the work of a genius mate, just amazing, well done, please show us the next one in the same detail...
                    "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

spot the difference

Comment

Dude that is beyond epic.

Comment

what mag did you use,it looks a bit like a maruzen tec9 bv mag, but that's a trapezoid shape mag
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Its an agm Sten/Mp40 mag ,nearest you can get without custom making every mag individually and I'm just not up for the manotony of doing that .

Comment

A bit of necro posting but just looking at the first two "custom guns" in the friendly fire competition and ..... two m4's ! not really holding much hope of this even making the short list ,maybe i should have fitted it with an m4 stock adapter and grips ! ,oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                                A bit of necro posting but just looking at the first two "custom guns" in the friendly fire competition and ..... two m4's ! not really holding much hope of this even making the short list ,maybe i should have fitted it with an m4 stock adapter and grips ! ,oh well.
                                I had forgotten all about that. I can however report that it gets a fair bit of attention when you turn up for an open day.
                                I recently managed to get hold of some Aussie pattern Jungle greens, which really completes the look. Unfortunately I then lost my job so have not been able to go airsofting
                                Instead I have taken Evelyn to some reenactment events ('cos that doesn't cost money). A few people seem to know what an Owen gun is at those events. It even had a firearms dealer fooled, he was ready to offer me vast sums of money for it :D
                                JG1.jpg

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dadio Find out more about dadio
                                Working...
                                X