Tips for installing RS Sig E2 grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for installing RS Sig E2 grip

Here are a few tips and mods that I did to install a RS Sig Sauer E2 grip conversion kit. In this case, it's going onto a KJW P229. Most of these changes were also used on my custom TM P226 with Creation metal body. The kit includes a new decocker, main spring housing, hammer strut, grip & a tool for removing the grip (not shown). Sticker and key ring were added bonuses, not part of the kit. Modifying the RS parts to fit. Now to tackle fitting the grip . I hope this comes in handy for anyone who wants to change to a real E2 grip. (Optional last step, find out where your cat disappeared to when you turned on the Dremel

Re: Tips for installing RS Sig E2 grip

Awesome.

Good moves there and great guide.

Comment

I've been wanting to fit E2 grips to a WE P228 or 9, thanks a lot. I assume you got the grip kit from the US?

Comment

I got the P226 kit here in Canada (about $90.00 CDN), the P229 kit was bought from the US.
        Originally posted by Apurturesci View Post
        I've been wanting to fit E2 grips to a WE P228 or 9, thanks a lot. I assume you got the grip kit from the US?
        Thanks!
        Originally posted by Fitch View Post
        Awesome. Good moves there and great guide.

Comment

I may do this as well. Thanks

Comment

Quick question, if a set of real e2 grips fit on a 229 that should have screw grips, then will they also fit on a full sized 226?

Comment

Makes me want to go out and buy a kjw 229,

The only easy day was yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                Quick question, if a set of real e2 grips fit on a 229 that should have screw grips, then will they also fit on a full sized 226?
                Yes they will.
                Here's my Creation P226R metal frame that has a real E2 grip kit installed. The Grip screw mounts that are molded to the frame will still need to have the diameter reduced a little to fit in the grip.

It fit fairly well, though there is a about a 1mm gap between the frame and top of the grip at the rear.

Comment

So the raised screw housing on the frame needs to be filed down or it'll stop the grips fitting? Do they need to be filed down so much that putting original grips on isn't possible anymore?

Currently umming and ahhing over a new pistol, and being able to do both of these style grips on the same gun is a big plus to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                    So the raised screw housing on the frame needs to be filed down or it'll stop the grips fitting? Do they need to be filed down so much that putting original grips on isn't possible anymore? Currently umming and ahhing over a new pistol, and being able to do both of these style grips on the same gun is a big plus to me!
                    Yes, the the raised screw housings on the frame will need their diameter reduced a bit to fit into the holes of the grp (I can't remember exactly how much) You could still use regular grips if you wanted, but after you've held the real E2 grip and felt its texture, you may not want to go back.

Comment

True. But I want wood on it I have held an E2, just wasn't mine so I didn't take it apart.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ARC-74 Originally from Edmonton Alberta, been living near Montreal since 2007 Find out more about ARC-74
                      Working...
                      X