TM recoil AKS74u rail systems help?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM recoil AKS74u rail systems help?!

Looking at getting one of these in the new year as an alternative to an AR having used one, and being really impressed.. However I will be a massive heathen as it will be getting tarted up with all types of tacticool goodies, and wood removed.

I would really like a rail, something along the lines of a Samson rail...however was wondering what my options regarding battery space etc with a rail installed.. Can I still get one in? I will be looking to use 7.4 lipos. I don't really want to use a PEQ battery box as I wanted to fit a DBAL to it.

Any and all help appreciated. Cheers
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Re: TM recoil AKS74u rail systems help?!

Nobody?
    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

there isn't a RIS front available for the TM AK74SU. I've tried a couple of ACM versions and they are all too short. possibly modding the AEG might work but it will be a PITA.
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

I've seen a fair few rails on them. So definitely can be done, and nice and neatly. I've got the know how and tooling to be able to do something along them lines, just worried about battery space... In what way were the ACM ones too short?

Comment

I'll try to get a couple of pics up to day
          Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Ace. Thanks buddy.

Comment

Hey Danny,

How did you get on with this? I'm looking to find the parts to do this with too. And a railed top cover and M4 stock adapter...as heathen as can be!
              I also found a 7.4 lipo 800mah, can be fitted in nicely. Max length internally is probably 10cm, but that doesn't really allow much wiggle room for the wires of the battery and about 2.5cm width. Kinda mars bar sized.
              Last edited by Changy; 31 March, 2015, 10:47.

Comment

Similarly I too am keen on the tacticool AK and plan an AK74su recoil as my next purchase with a view to some heresy.

Comment

I'm part of a fair few groups and am yet to see anyone with a rail on the tm aksu. The longer versions yeah. Not these ones though. I'm happy to post pics of the fittings and old hanguards if you all want.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I haven't actually done it chaps. Completely fell in love with the E&L AK instead and one is available with a rail pre installed boom!

Comment

Gah. Boo hiss. My quest is stuttering.

Comment

Did anyone get anywhere with this? I am considering attempting it but there a few brands claiming to fit (Asura Dynamics, CYMA, Matrix). Would love to give it a go.
                        sigpic

Between your faith and my Glock nine millimeter, I'll take the Glock.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dannyeprice23 a happy go lucky pain in the arse, i am the one who constantly has accidents..to others amusement! Find out more about dannyeprice23
                        Working...
                        X