Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull Mk18 RIS II on G&P Reciever

Hi Guys,
    I thought I was going to run into this problem from what I've read but the barrel nut doesn't screw onto the G&P body, I know there is a G&P nut out there but the entire world seems out of stock. Do any of you know where I can get one?
    What I have seen is the modification tool, but unsure on if I need the Pro or Entry level and if it would even work with my receiver?

As a third option I could get a new upper receiver I guess, I'm having a few teething problems with this upper anyway so it probably wouldn't be a bad shout. However they all seem a tad expensive apart from the $9 one on eHobbyAsia which is currently out of stock.

I can post pictures as required but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ross.

Re: Madbull Mk18 RIS II on G&P Reciever

What make of rail have you bought chap?
    I have the Madbull version and the nut fits spot on to my G&P receiver.

Comment

It's the Madbull one "Madbull MK18 9.5 Daniel Defense SOPMOD II RIS II Handguard"
      From the research I can find my G&P Body is an imperial thread but the Barrel nut is Metric.
      It does it's first 1/2 turn, stops and you can see its not sitting right.

Comment

I done the same as you the g&p barrel nut fitted fine, I had a g&p moe with madbull dd rail only thing I had to do was lathe off the cogs and use steelsons to tighten it up, The thread difference is so minute in most cases you can't tell the difference

- - - Updated - - -

If still no luck there is a madbull barrel nut that fits g&p receivers

Comment

A guy from work says his brother is an metal worker so I've given him the bits to see if he can re-tap my receiver. See what comes of that else I'm looking at a new upper.

There is a barrel nut for G&P but the entire world seems out of stock

Comment

You could always cut the spikey teeth of the original g&p barrel nut and file it down to the right size. I had to do it to my old g&p to fit a madbull rail.

Comment

Yes same as me cut cogs off and file of lathe about 2mm and it will be fine, but I'd try tap a new barrel nut incase it damages the upper meaning a costlier fix

Comment

Originally posted by harry66 View Post
                Yes same as me cut cogs off and file of lathe about 2mm and it will be fine, but I'd try tap a new barrel nut incase it damages the upper meaning a costlier fix
                It may be costlier but having no barrel nuts in stock anywhere I can find it might be better to tap the receiver atleast then I can source a replacement. Although I do understand where you are coming from.

Originally posted by mack View Post
                You could always cut the spikey teeth of the original g&p barrel nut and file it down to the right size. I had to do it to my old g&p to fit a madbull rail.
                Its been a project so I bought the body as is and not with another rail. Can't seem to find any nuts from anywhere on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by RossUK88 View Post
                  It may be costlier but having no barrel nuts in stock anywhere I can find it might be better to tap the receiver atleast then I can source a replacement. Although I do understand where you are coming from.

Its been a project so I bought the body as is and not with another rail. Can't seem to find any nuts from anywhere on the net.
                  Just google G&P delta ring, Theres plenty will come up

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RossUK88 Find out more about RossUK88
                  Working...
                  X