G&G Combat Machine internal upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Combat Machine internal upgrades.

Hi, I have a G&G CM18 MOD1 and I want to add some internal upgrades to it! The site I play at has a strict 350fps limit even though the it is outdoors and you often engage long range but I can't exceed that. I recently found out that my gun was shooting too hot at 360fps so I am going to buy an SHS M90 spring to replace the original one which will hopefully lower the fps to about 300. What can I add to the gun to make it more accurate without rising the fps too much? (I'm happy with the ROF I am getting with a 9.6v nimh so that doesn't really need to change)

Re: G&G Combat Machine internal upgrades.

Get a tb barrel and air seal hop unit and keep the g&g hop rubber as there good

But don't buy a new spring just cut 1 and 1/2 coils of as its roughly 13-15 fps per coil

Comment

What tb barrel and hop up would you recommend?

Comment

When I first started out, all those moons ago (really not very long actually) I had a G&G as my first AEG. I ended up spending the kind of money on it that I could have just sold the CM and bought a top tech and had a better end result.

I'm just putting that out there for your consideration. I did actually end up enjoying the process of customising my gun, but I ended up selling it for less than the cost of a new CM, even though I'd put a couple of hundred quid into it in the end and a lot of effort.

For accuracy, I'd honestly go a different way to PhesantPlucker (sorry mate). I got some great results with a Guarder 6.04 and a madbull blue hop rubber running out of the stock G&G hop chamber. I was told after the fact that the stock G&G barrel is in fact a 6.04. So I'd actually recommend trying a different bucking first, and then if you still aren't satisfied, try the TB. I tend not to go down the super tight TB route, and prefer to put my money into a precision made inner that has enough space for the BB not to touch the sides.

On power I'd definitely say keep your current spring and just trim a couple of coils off as PhesantPlucker has said above. If your site limit is 350 trim it to 345 at room temperature to allow for the differences in temperature effecting your FPS (borrow a chrono if you don't have one yourself). People will tell you FPS isn't everything, and they are right, but if you have a higher FPS you can lift heavier BBs easier, and the single biggest accuracy upgrade that everyone forgets is high quality BBs: if your site allows non bio BBs the best BBs I've used are the guarder .28s. Not all of my AEGs lift them, but if you can hop them, they make a massive difference. Otherwise look into other brands of BB, as more often than not the BBs your site will sell you are pretty poor (although I've noticed a lot of sites selling ASG Blaster BBs, which I have been getting along very well with).

Better BBs often save you money even when they cost you more per unit as you tend to use less shots to hit your target.

If you want more accuracy still, the last thing is to get a really consistent FPS. For this you'll be wanting to pay a lot of attention to your airseal and your spring guide. There's lots of info out there about doing this, and its mental levels of effort to get it perfect; even down to polishing your cylinder. I once got my FPS variance down to +/-1FPS over 10 shots for chrono prior to a skirmish, it was quite cool showing that off, and the accuracy was amazing, but it had degraded even before the end of the day. You'd have to strip down your AEG prior to every game to achieve that. But you could get it to the region of +/-3FPS without going too crazy.

Comment

Oh, I forgot. Another way to reduce your FPS by 10-20 and is also good for your gun's longevity is Sorbothane.

Comment

+1 for sorbo. It cushions the front of the gearbox and helps minimise the chance of the V2 crack. Also changes the firing signature quite nicely, more of a thump.

Comment

You can also make the contour line rounder which Inforces the gearbox
              And for upgrades madbul black Python barrel and hop unit or a prowin hop unit or just buy I'm top tech m16

Comment

How about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ProWin-CNC...item58b9bcb640

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Madbull-Ai...item2a47ee4b91

I have some sorbo lying around that i can cut down to size.

Comment

you cant link to other retailers, including ebay, on this forum mate, its all paid for and run by zero one airsoft, so they take a dim view of discussion of and linking to their competition. Modhammer will fall hard.

Comment

God damn it... they should make that clear when joining. I'm only new here

Comment

Don't worry. We've all done it. Now you know.

Comment

I wouldn't bother changing anything other than the motor, and you seem to be happy with that. Anything else is a false economy.

I wouldn't even worry about changing the spring, put another couple of thousand rounds or so through it and it will lose the 10fps all by itself, probably more actually, they are not well known for maintaining their compression.

Use it, abuse it, break it, bin it (or sell it for parts) , then buy something more worthwhile.

Think of Combat Machines as the 'Bic Biro' of airsoft guns.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird_666 View Post
                          ... they are not well known for maintaining their compression...
                          FINALLY! Someone else who has the same opinion as me on CMs... Honestly, I'm pretty sure the whole of the rest of the airsoft community has had some sort of Taiwanese mind control applied to them with how quickly they tell people to buy a CM whenever a "What should I get as my first AEG" question is asked.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird_666 View Post
                            ...they are not well known for maintaining their compression.
                            (best Michael Caine voice...) 'You failed to maintain your weapon, son.'

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MrPineapple Find out more about MrPineapple
                            Working...
                            X